Accumulated total zeroed itself.

Kithmo

Distinguished Member
Solutions
Reaction score
For some reason the "accumulated total" on the economy screen zeroed itself today.
Does it do this after so many miles or is it just yet another software glitch ?
I was hoping to leave this as a lifetime show of economy, but now it's gone down to the same as the "From start" screen which is 2.0m/kWh today, the accumulated total was on 3.5 before it zeroed itself.
Coincidentally the "From last charge" screen didn't reset when I charged it a couple of nights ago as well.
😟

It'll reset during software updates. But I have once had it reset itself; I can't remember what mileage that was at, but I think it's just a spurious thing - it's only happened once.

Mine has reset itself a few times now , I think the most it went was about 2.5k miles, it's annoying and don't know why it happens but it does. Just another quirk of the MG4.

I've come to realise that the "accumulated total" is not meant to record all your usage from new, but to be used for multi-charge trips. I'm sorry now that I didn't reset mine before I started my near 1,000-mile road trip in August, to see how the entire journey looked as a whole. I'll do it before my next multi-day trip over Christmas.

It does seem to reset itself sometimes, but having said that, I think mine did it while I was trying to reset one of the other screens, so I could easily have done it myself.

Thanks guys and gals, another MG4 characteristic to put up with then. :rolleyes:
FWIW it was at around 1,250 miles the day before.

Ah, great... My one does not reset the mileage on the other screen ("from last charge"). So I can claim an exceptionally great economy (or incredibly large battery as opposed to 51kWh):
20231111_210055.jpg

I used DC "fast" chargers (50kW max), and left the car locked all the time during the 5 charging sessions.

On the reset front, does anyone know how long after powering down / locking the car the basic trip meter resets? It clearly doesn't if you restart after a few minutes, but does when the car is locked for several hours.

I've left mine for 30+ minutes (maybe up to 45 minutes) when DC charging (with the car locked) and the From Start doesn't reset. (From Last Charge usually does reset).

For some reason the "accumulated total" on the economy screen zeroed itself today.
Does it do this after so many miles or is it just yet another software glitch ?
I was hoping to leave this as a lifetime show of economy, but now it's gone down to the same as the "From start" screen which is 2.0m/kWh today, the accumulated total was on 3.5 before it zeroed itself.
Coincidentally the "From last charge" screen didn't reset when I charged it a couple of nights ago as well.
😟
Mine was reset after a software update. But then totally randomly it had reset anther 1000 miles or so later. I'm absolutely convinced I did not reset it (long hold on the square button). Also, I had the strange experience of seeing the mileage NOT reset after a charge, which means I've got a screen picture of my MG4 Trophy having done 450 miles since last charge. Must be software glitches.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 503 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back