Spalding Boy

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Does anyone know when using ACC whether the brake lights come on when ACC brakes due to slow/stationary traffic please? I want to know if someone following me gets a warning of rapid deceleration.

Thank you.

If the retardation rate (how quickly you slow down) exceeds a certain rate then the brake lights come on. This is by law/regulation. So even if it is regen slowing you down, if you slow down quickly enough then the lights come on. :)

The brake lights are going on, when regen is approximately at -7. Anyway, they are on faster than enough to warn people that drive behind you.

I've seen my central brake light (above the rear windscreen) come on when I've taken my foot off the accelerator, when driving in the dark. I've followed a Nissan Leaf on a winding road and wondered what the heck he was doing, braking so often, but then realised it was his regeneration doing it.

If the retardation rate (how quickly you slow down) exceeds a certain rate then the brake lights come on. This is by law/regulation. So even if it is regen slowing you down, if you slow down quickly enough then the lights come on. :)
Thank you, sets my mind at rest.

The brake lights are going on, when regen is approximately at -7. Anyway, they are on faster than enough to warn people that drive behind you.

I've seen my central brake light (above the rear windscreen) come on when I've taken my foot off the accelerator, when driving in the dark. I've followed a Nissan Leaf on a winding road and wondered what the heck he was doing, braking so often, but then realised it was his regeneration doing it.

Thank you for your replies. I love the car by the way.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back