Adaptive cruise control

Headgas1

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Does anyone have a simple step by step guide of how to correctly engage the Adaptive cruise control please.I have tried reading it in the manual and gave me a headache 🤕
thanks in advance

Bottom left stalk. Pull towards you. Tap the blue button on the end of the stalk. Set speed will show on the driver's display. Tap up to increase by 5mph, tap down to decrease by same. Hold and it will increment (up) or decrement (down) in single intervals.

Pilot is a double pull back whereupon two blue parallel lines will appear on the driver's display showing the road representation.

Bottom left stalk. Pull towards you. Tap the blue button on the end of the stalk. Set speed will show on the driver's display. Tap up to increase by 5mph, tap down to decrease by same. Hold and it will increment (up) or decrement (down) in single intervals.

Pilot is a double pull back whereupon two blue parallel lines will appear on the driver's display showing the road representation.
Cheers buddy 👍🏻

Also if it brings you to a stop and you are at a standstill for longer than 2 seconds it will ask you to press the go pedal to resume following the vehicle ahead (e.g. at traffic lights), less than 2 seconds and it will resume automatically.

Also if it brings you to a stop and you are at a standstill for longer than 2 seconds it will ask you to press the go pedal to resume following the vehicle ahead (e.g. at traffic lights), less than 2 seconds and it will resume automatically.
I hardly ever use it, but does pushing the stalk up resume it as well ?

Am I right in thinking you can also pull the stalk towards you to resume?

EDIT: How did my page not refresh to contain the above?? lol

I don't have an EV yet but can I ask... I thought I had read somewhere that the ACC didn't work under a certain speed, is that right? Could be I'm thinking of the lane keep assist though.

I also didn't think the ACC would come to a complete stop and then start again regardless of number of seconds.

Thanks,

Wayne

I don't have an EV yet but can I ask... I thought I had read somewhere that the ACC didn't work under a certain speed, is that right? Could be I'm thinking of the lane keep assist though.

I also didn't think the ACC would come to a complete stop and then start again regardless of number of seconds.

Thanks,

Wayne
Lane assist doesn't work below a certain speed (37mph or something?) but ACC seems to support complete stop - useful for driving in motorway congestion.

Lane assist doesn't work below a certain speed (37mph or something?) but ACC seems to support complete stop - useful for driving in motorway congestion.
But MG Pilot offers lane assist under that speed right?

So Lane Assist on it's own doesn't work over XXmph but when coupled with ACC as part of MG Pilot it will keep you in lane?

But MG Pilot offers lane assist under that speed right?

So Lane Assist on it's own doesn't work over XXmph but when coupled with ACC as part of MG Pilot it will keep you in lane?
The little symbol on the display for Lane Assist goes orange below 37mph from what I've seen when using ACC. When I reach 37mph, it goes green again and works.

It is possible I'm misusing the features though.

Thanks,

Wayne
ACC can be switched on/set whilst travelling at any speed over 3mph, however it's lowest setting is 20mph, so will accelerate if nothing in front to that speed if switched on at a lower speed. The auto resume is 3 seconds not 2. :)

The system will automatically detect the speed and
position of the vehicle ahead, if your vehicle speed is
above 3 mph (5km/h), after pressing the 'Set' button
at the end of the adaptive cruise stalk lever, the
indicator on the instrument pack will turn green,
and the adaptive cruise control system enters the
Activated state, its target speed is the actual speed
at activation; if your vehicle speed is less than 20mph
(30km/h), then the target speed of the system is set
at 20mph (30km/h). If the speed of the vehicle ahead
is greater than the cruise target speed of your vehicle,
your vehicle will maintain the target speed to conduct
constant speed cruise; if the speed of the vehicle ahead
is lower than the cruise target speed of your vehicle,
it will enter the car-following cruise, an image of your
car and the car ahead separated by a grid is displayed
in the instrument pack message centre, in this mode
the actual speed may be less than the set target
speed. Whilst in the car following cruise mode, you
can follow the vehicle ahead to a stop, if the amount
of time that the vehicle is in a stopped condition is
less than approximately 3 seconds your vehicle may
automatically pull away to follow the vehicle ahead, if
the stopped time exceeds 3 seconds your car will not
automatically pull away, you will receive a prompt in
the instrument pack message centre requesting you
to re-activate the adaptive cruise control using the
method displayed.

Am I right in thinking you can also pull the stalk towards you to resume?
I think the pull forward resume is for when you have manually stopped/interrupted ACC e.g. by braking, whereas the foot on the Go pedal resume is for when ACC has stopped the car on it's own. Could be wrong though anyone else ?

You'd get the impression that these features weren't used all that often by people considering the different answers. Or that the process is just confusing 🙃

I think the pull forward resume is for when you have manually stopped/interrupted ACC e.g. by braking, whereas the foot on the Go pedal resume is for when ACC has stopped the car on it's own. Could be wrong though anyone else ?
Is the Go pedal the accelerator? Sorry to be thick this morning.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom