Adaptive cruise control

I think the pull forward resume is for when you have manually stopped/interrupted ACC e.g. by braking, whereas the foot on the Go pedal resume is for when ACC has stopped the car on it's own. Could be wrong though anyone else ?
Now we have cleared that up....

The Go pedal resume is something I don't understand or have experienced. I have never allowed the car to stop using the ACC, I must admit. How would this happen? The radar brakes presumably keep you at a distance, and they are part of the system. A foot on the "Stop" pedal" disengages the whole system, but as agreed a flick towards you with the lever resumes the ACC.......puzzled..:)

I've only used the ACC once during a trip to the coast last year and was so embarrassed by the loud groaning from the brakes each time it slowed in traffic, I turned it off. :confused:
Embarrassed The Office GIF by Justin

I’ve used MG Pilot on the motorway, when traffic slows, it slows - all the way to standstill. The gap allowed is speed based so the slower you’re travelling, the closer to the car in front - all the way to a few feet when stationary.

On the MG5LR, it think the display shows something about pressing the accelerator pedal to resume if stopped for more than 3 seconds. If everyone crawling at 1mph or whatever, when car in front speeds up, you speed up.

Rinse and repeat until everyone has stopped jumping lanes at the last minute or got bored staring at a broken down car on the hard shoulder.

I’ve used MG Pilot on the motorway, when traffic slows, it slows - all the way to standstill. The gap allowed is speed based so the slower you’re travelling, the closer to the car in front - all the way to a few feet when stationary.

On the MG5LR, it think the display shows something about pressing the accelerator pedal to resume if stopped for more than 3 seconds. If everyone crawling at 1mph or whatever, when car in front speeds up, you speed up.

Rinse and repeat until everyone has stopped jumping lanes at the last minute or got bored staring at a broken down car on the hard shoulder.
This will improve my quality of life so much

I've never even had CC before

This will improve my quality of life so much

I've never even had CC before
My main observations are
  • there is a slight delay when the car in front speeds up - but you can always tap the throttle yourself
  • If someone overtakes and cuts in quick, ACC can brake - but isn’t too bad so long as they’re going faster & pulling away from you
  • It’s very easy to inadvertently approach a slower moving vehicle and just sit there, ACC adjusting to their speed.
  • When looking to overtake a slower moving vehicle, indicate (or lane keeping gets upset and fights you!) and pull out in plenty of time before ACC locks into their speed
All these aids seem work well so long as you adapt to work with them - but since you’re in control, you’ll always need to tap the throttle or brakes on occasion. And steer. Or at least hold the wheel firmer when prompted.

Last edited:
My main observations are
  • there is a slight delay when the car in speeds up - but you can always tap the throttle yourself.
Does the driving mode make a difference with that ?
I know on my old Prius it used to respond quicker in sport mode and slower in Eco.

Does the driving mode make a difference with that ?
I know on my old Prius it used to respond quicker in sport mode and slower in Eco.
Honestly not sure. I can feel the difference in throttle response and steering weight when Eco, Normal and Sport but never paid attention when using ACC.

OK learnt something today, but I just would not use the ACC to come to a halt...:D
It's OK, be brave. :D Just keep your foot hovering over the brake for peace of mind, first few times can be fearful. LOL. I used it a lot in town, set ACC to 30 and steer. It stopped me when the traffic stopped and after a tap on the go pedal if necessary resumed following. Absolutely brilliant.

It's OK, be brave. :D Just keep your foot hovering over the brake for peace of mind, first few times can be fearful. LOL. I used it a lot in town, set ACC to 30 and steer. It stopped me when the traffic stopped and after a tap on the go pedal if necessary resumed following. Absolutely brilliant.
Must admit, i tend to use it everywhere. Don’t always let it stop me at traffic lights but I enjoy being one of a small fraction of a percent of drivers who don’t exceed the speed limit 🤷‍♂️

Must admit, i tend to use it everywhere. Don’t always let it stop me at traffic lights but I enjoy being one of a small fraction of a percent of drivers who don’t exceed the speed limit 🤷‍♂️
Does it actually stop for you at traffic lights? Nothing I've read told me it did that!

Came across this video which explains everything really well so thought I'd post it.

Apparently, if using MG Pilot and the car in front comes to a complete stop then there is no 3-second timeout in the ACC... It'll just continue once the car in front moves.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom