Adaptive Regen?

DAQs

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Got a Smurf Trophy on trusty 16 week order to move on from a i3s and was wondering if anyone used adaptive regen and has any thoughts?
I’d assume it coasts until it sees a car in front and progresses up to strong?
That’s how it reads in the manual but was wondering if anyone bothered to use it in the wild?

I tried it on the test drive and didn’t like it as the car doesn’t do what you think it will. Since having mine I have left it on max. I suspect my wife would prefer the adaptive but I have not shown her how to change it. 😂😂

I had adaptive on my last car, worked well only annoyance I found was at large fast roundabouts it broke to early and to hard, this is overridden by a light press of the accelerator.

Got a Smurf Trophy on trusty 16 week order to move on from a i3s and was wondering if anyone used adaptive regen and has any thoughts?
That’s how it reads in the manual but was wondering if anyone bothered to use it in the wild?
I am also moving from my i3 to a Trophy. Initially I was worried about losing the full 1 pedal driving of the i3 but actually thought the strong setting was ok on the 4 test drive. I don't think I'll be using adaptive though. I like knowing where your are at with strong all the time.

I am also moving from my i3 to a Trophy. Initially I was worried about losing the full 1 pedal driving of the i3 but actually thought the strong setting was ok on the 4 test drive. I don't think I'll be using adaptive though. I like knowing where your are at with strong all the time.

Thanks for the replies. It sounds like it tends to boot into to normal, strong currently so that’ll probably be the lazy default anyway. Auto just sounded quite handy though I am used to the i3 one-ish pedalling.
In 3 or so months there may have been a persistent system settings memory update mind…

I’ve just tried adaptive regen after previously using max regen (3).
I don’t like it at all, seems to give max regen below 40mph but then none or hardly any above 40mph. Disconcerting if you lift your foot off the throttle at 45 - 50 and the car doesn’t slow down at all!

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 536 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back