• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Adding rear speakers zs ev net s

I will go back to the beginning and chase what could be wrong! So by changing to a 6 speaker, should be giving me output correct??

Don't think adding speakers is enough you need to tell the head unit it now has rear speakers run

Screenshot_20211019-213932_Chrome.jpg

I have this from this forum of the ZS EV, but I don't know if it is the same that HS

Oh well lol! I need to redo the wiring from the back of the head unit because when I’m moving my finger in the sound stage, I’ve got them backwards!
ie, left is right and right is left!! Doh

To clarify, as I didn't see it in the posts so far:

If you want to retrofit rear speakers in the facelift model, you have to splice them into the audio outputs of the front doors, which is not ideal.
The engineering menu exists on the facelift models as well (2 different menus for Ismart lite and Ismart) but it does not offer any option to change configs anymore.
I am one of the first (maybe the first) private shops in Germany with full OEM workshop manual and diagnostic access to MG including all module updates and configuration.
I can confirm, that even through the OEM tool, there is no way of activating this. Modules are configured automatically, the VIN is sent to SAIC, they return the equipment level details/matching config and the tool writes it into the module.
It's also not an option to use a module from a better equipped car, as the VIN is one time written into the module and locks it out to be used in other cars.

The only long term solution will be third party software to code.

Best
Sascha

To clarify, as I didn't see it in the posts so far:

If you want to retrofit rear speakers in the facelift model, you have to splice them into the audio outputs of the front doors, which is not ideal.
The engineering menu exists on the facelift models as well (2 different menus for Ismart lite and Ismart) but it does not offer any option to change configs anymore.
I am one of the first (maybe the first) private shops in Germany with full OEM workshop manual and diagnostic access to MG including all module updates and configuration.
I can confirm, that even through the OEM tool, there is no way of activating this. Modules are configured automatically, the VIN is sent to SAIC, they return the equipment level details/matching config and the tool writes it into the module.
It's also not an option to use a module from a better equipped car, as the VIN is one time written into the module and locks it out to be used in other cars.

The only long term solution will be third party software to code.

Best
Sascha
Wow.....
You are really driving a stake through the heart.!!! :(

...and by "splicing" i assume you mean using the front outputs to drive a four channel amp and adjusting the rears to be a little less output...???

.....truely a major disappointment in a otherwise very nice car that is tommorrow;s technology today......and ancient sound system design.......
.....brings me back to cars of the 80's.....hmmm... will 8track tape player be next..... :(

......is there anything else that does not get adjusted in the secret menu..??
....and why is it a secret menu if there is nothing that can be adjusted...???

.....third party coders.....?? hackers...???

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom