Affinity deals not being upheld?

shakey2000

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hello, I ordered a ZS EV long range in March on the affinity deal and it was suggested that it would arrive July. In July they had no updates. Contacted them again in August and was assured by a manager that the car had been built and was on a boat. Called the dealership a couple of weeks ago and spoke to somebody different who said that it wasn’t even built….
After going in this week I was told it had been built. When I asked for confirmation, the system was strangely not working. The next day I receive a phone call saying it is not built and they don’t know when it will be but the order was put through in July, not March. The next day I am shown an internal letter that states that mg will not honour the deals and prices, followed by a hard sell on an MG 4.

Has anyone else experienced this? I can’t help feeling that the dealership didn’t make the order via affinity and now can’t provide the car without making a loss.

The date on the letter appeared quite suspect being the day after I enquired, as well as me not being able to have a copy of it….

I also ordered via Affinity in Feb this year. Dealer was unable to give me any updates at all during my wait. It culminated with me ringing on a Monday to be told it would be the following month, only to receive a call out of the blue on Wednesday the same week saying the car was here and when could I collect. My impression is either the dealership is useless or MG UK genuinely don't know what is arriving until the ship docks! Either way it does not leave a good impression. Got mine back in September 🙂. Hope you resolve your issues.

The problem here is even if they honour the affinity price all orders after July 1st were to the new spec and does not include the sun roof? Did you order a Trophy or Trophy Connect?

The problem here is even if they honour the affinity price all orders after July 1st were to the new spec and does not include the sun roof? Did you order a Trophy or Trophy Connect?
Ordered a trophy. I understand that it may not come with the roof and would just have to take the hit on it. I’m just quite frustrated that after waiting patiently, I have been lied to, treated rudely and now will have to pay more for something with a similar spec. There wasn’t even an apology or anything like that. Just the “it wasn’t me” speech.
They have offered £300 towards my trade in but only if I buy the showroom pre reg standard mg4…
Nice car, but I had shopped for a high spec

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom