• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Affinity scheme - MG5 LR Excite good price?

D

Deleted member 7134

Is this a good deal, £23k for LR MG5 Excite, can't decide whether I need the Exclusive toys or not? Really not fussed about ACC but what else will I miss if I go with 'lower' spec model?

Is this a good deal, £23k for LR MG5 Excite, can't decide whether I need the Exclusive toys or not? Really not fussed about ACC but what else will I miss if I go with 'lower' spec model?
That’s about the price now, there was a small increase a month or so ago. Pick my LR excite up at the end of the week. The only real thing hits me is the heated seats. The MG5 requires a lot of energy to heat the cabin, lots of owners rave about how effective the seats are without having any noticeable impact on range. The rest seem quite trivial and forgettable.

Main feature for me was the roof rails as I wanted to carry a roof box. Other than that, auto wipers are nice, as are heated mirrors (folding is something I grew used to but hardly essential) - heated seats are good, especially as the leather-like material gets colder than cloth but maybe less of an issue on the Excite.

Main feature for me was the roof rails as I wanted to carry a roof box. Other than that, auto wipers are nice, as are heated mirrors (folding is something I grew used to but hardly essential) - heated seats are good, especially as the leather-like material gets colder than cloth but maybe less of an issue on the Excite.
Does the Excite not have roof rails then?

Might as well go fully loaded then I think. Would miss auto wipers, auto air-con, and folding (and heated) mirrors having got lazy with my current car, plus, winter is coming! Option for roof-rack would be handy also.

It was the keyless entry that made me go for the exclusive- as a teacher I am always returning to my car holding piles of books to mark- although having read some posts on here it seems that I will need to be careful as I was naive to the theft risk.

Gotta consider residual value as well really. The higher spec would probably hold more of it's value than the Excite, which is why it's worth the extra couple of £K IMHO. Seriously considering the ZS updated version now as well having seen the leap forward in the Infotainment system.
Decisions, decisions....

I drive a SR Exclusive and there's a couple of things I could do without, the faux leather seats (blistering hot on a sunny day) and the rain sensor box in the windscreen.

I don't know if the Excite comes with a reversing camera but if not, they are easy enough to install.

Gotta consider residual value as well really. The higher spec would probably hold more of it's value than the Excite, which is why it's worth the extra couple of £K IMHO. Seriously considering the ZS updated version now as well having seen the leap forward in the Infotainment system.
Decisions, decisions....
Exactly where I am at the moment. Test driving ZS on Friday but questioning whether it's worth the extra £££ especially as we can get the 5 on the affinity scheme

I drive a SR Exclusive and there's a couple of things I could do without, the faux leather seats (blistering hot on a sunny day) and the rain sensor box in the windscreen.

I don't know if the Excite comes with a reversing camera but if not, they are easy enough to install.
The LR excite and exclusive both have reversing camera and the excite gets an auto dimming mirrors which it didn’t have on SR. No rain sensing wipers though. Adding tints all around should help with seats heating up. Hopefully.

Exactly where I am at the moment. Test driving ZS on Friday but questioning whether it's worth the extra £££ especially as we can get the 5 on the affinity scheme
My local dealer was kind enough to offer keeping my MG5 LR order in until I made my mind up or MG began the Affinity scheme with the new ZS model if that's the one I want. They seem to think that MG will begin the scheme with the new model but maybe not until end of Q1 2022. Which puts me right at the point the MG5 LR was supposed to be being delivered!!!!
Timing.
The secret of good comedy.

After much flipping and flopping I've just joined the White ‍❄️ Excite 🤪 club :D
Pick up next Sunday, looking forward to the brave new world of EV ownership.
I wonder if they'll do the KERS recall before I pick it up?
Definitely worth asking - and there is a thread kicking about of stuff to check when collecting the car, worth reading over.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom