Aftermarket Wheels

Posted in a previous thread, demo model in a Dublin dealer, with re-sprayed trims too

0mDmcqr.jpg

Well wheels all on with locking wheel nuts. I couldn't believe how tight the original bolts were. I could have blown on the wheel wrench so I would advise if you haven't checked yours please do.
Copper Grease on all the bolts took longer than fitting the wheels.wheel alignment pin essential. Anyway really pleased, up close they look black at a distance they turn bronze. TPMS all seemed good then 5 mile run amd the error came up. I called wheelbase alloys who I got the wheels off and after checks etc the valves in the old wheels need cloning. No bother though they are sending me their machine and I pay a 50 quid deposit which is refunded on return. They pay DPD cost delivery and collection can't ask for more than that. Great company to deal with nothing too much trouble. I will try and get some more pics later.
Tyres stick like glue but a tad more road noise. Comfort is the same as the old tyres.
Looks really good mate! Definitely worth the change!

You could just remove the trims, there are alloys under there (but they do look a bit "Ford Focus Mk1"). Note that the centre cap in the pic is not present, you'd have to buy some from ebay etc.
1667033801156-png.12216
Offset vale core looks a bit weird.

insurance charged 24 quid for the new wheels as a modification although they will only be on until October depending on weather then the stock ones will go back. I may take the tyres of the stock wheels and stick some winter rubber on.

insurance charged 24 quid for the new wheels as a modification although they will only be on until October depending on weather then the stock ones will go back. I may take the tyres of the stock wheels and stick some winter rubber on.

I went to 18s on the Leaf, my insurance only wanted extra if it raised the ride height.
I did some calcs and there didn’t seem to be much in it so I just said no.
I too changed back to the standard 16s for winter.

The one thing I want to do is swap out the 17’s on mine for some nice 18” wheels and better tyres. Still looking for a style i like. Preferably 5 spoke and easy to clean!

Can anyone tell me what specs I should be looking for for 18" wheels?

PCD, Width, Central Bore, Offset?

I assume the 17" PCD of 5x112 and Central Bore of 57.1 remains the same, but not sure about if others change?

I have a set of these on order which should be here this week. I just have to sort out the coding for the TPMS and how that is done . They are 18 inch with a tyre pack and locking wheel nuts and black bolts if in stock on dispatch. View attachment 17532
Looks great !! What are the wheel specs ... width / offset PCD what size tyres were fitted ... hopefully your invoice was pretty detailed. Cheers

Can anyone tell me what specs I should be looking for for 18" wheels?

PCD, Width, Central Bore, Offset?

I assume the 17" PCD of 5x112 and Central Bore of 57.1 remains the same, but not sure about if others change?
Has ANYONE confirmed that the MG4 is the same as ZS ?? 5x112 17x7 ET41 with M14x1.5 blots 17Hex

I just called the company and the wheels are in from Germany and now having the tyres and TPMS fitted and programmed for the car . They are the programable Autel TPMS and according to the guy on the phone will work straight away. I wont hold my breath though.
Ive run the same programmable Autel TPMS system downunder in NZ for 7~8 years and TPMS is not mandatory down here (although more car companies are adopting it) ... but thats exactly how we send out wheel n tyre packages, be keen to know if you DID have any TPMS issues. Cheers

All finished now. I had the tpms Autel Ts508 delivered today and used to clone the original sensors. The tyres have to be deflated to 10 psi before scanning. If anyone decides to do the same scan the tyre above the valve not the valve as the alloy wheel interferes. Anyway after inflating 3 tyres after programming the valves my pump caught fire. 😂🔥. So the last wheel only had 34 psi in. Went for a spin and straight away the computer picked up this tyre was low and the other spot on
Basically all working welland monitoring like OEM sensors. If anyone needs any help feel free to make contact.
Hello @AdyC
Please help to explain how did you use Autel TS508 to scan the MG TPMS sensor. I have replaced the wheel and put in the original TPMS, but after 5 miles, I have an error too. I am thinking of doing the same as you.
Thank you

Ive had no issues at all with TPMS new wheels and new valves all coded from the originals. Just have to clone like for like i.e front offside same as new valve etc.

Thanks, this looks really interested.
I would be keen to learn about any range tax these alloys would bring about considering they may be potentially heavier than stock and no aero.

When i did mine im sure it was MGZS as no MG4 displayed. I tried MG5 which didnt work.
I contacted manufacturer of the TPMS-sensors I have and this was answer last week. So waiting for couple days..

"This is Annie from Shenzhen Dajin Tech Co.,ltd, I just saw your message in our web.
Regarding your question on MG MG4, you understanding is correct, the OE number is 11082920

You can't find it in App because we don't break the protocol yet. It will be ready on next Thursday, please kindly check it at that time. "

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom