Air conditioning issue

Not a happy bunny car has been with the dealer all day and they say they can’t replicate the problem which is odd as the air con never works for more that a minute before the blower shuts off for us.

Did you demonstrate the fault to them when you dropped the car off?

No we weren’t given the opportunity when we dropped it off, but it was early. When we went to collect they had finally managed to get it to fail after I suggested they try driving it. We are awaiting the part (resistor) hopefully be fixed in a few days.

Not sure if it’s heat or power draw related as today is probably the coolest day we have had in a while and they said they couldn’t get it to fault inside but it did when driven.

No we weren’t given the opportunity when we dropped it off, but it was early. When we went to collect they had finally managed to get it to fail after I suggested they try driving it. We are awaiting the part (resistor) hopefully be fixed in a few days.

Not sure if it’s heat or power draw related as today is probably the coolest day we have had in a while and they said they couldn’t get it to fault inside but it did when driven.
Maybe a lesson for us all, make sure the dealer knows he needs to replicate the conditions at the time of failure when trying to diagnose the fault (as an old school engineer I would always ask about usage at the time of failure).

Maybe a lesson for us all, make sure the dealer knows he needs to replicate the conditions at the time of failure when trying to diagnose the fault (as an old school engineer I would always ask about usage at the time of failure).
I agree, but I sometimes wonder if they just don't try hard enough to replicate the problem, believing that most of their customers have no idea of what the hell they are talking about !.
Getting past the service receptionist is 90% of the problem here.
If EV customers where allowed to communicate with the EV Tech - Then I am sure it would save a lot of time and wasted trips to the dealership, long term.
The EV Tech is only reading what is printed on the job sheet, if the info is sketchy at best, then he / she is up against it !.
With my previous PHEV - I was in direct contact with the Senior EV Tech at the dealership, via his works e.mail address
I was able to communicate any issues I had with the car, prior to booking the car for work to be carried out.
This was a fantastic arrangement !.
When my ZS EV went in for it's first service, I asked to meet the service and explained the facility / understanding I had with my previous car.
He said he was willing to participate in the same manner of communication, and agreed to give me his e.mail address.
Don't ask, don't get !.

I phoned my dealer and explained the problem with the heater fan, they ordered a resistor and it was fitted a few days later.
Common fault, simple to fix.
I wrote down the problem and put a video of the fault on the the entertainment, as the fault was worse in hot weather

Hi in the last week, my fan has been switching off! usually when I have the air con on. Have to wait a few minutes before switching it back on! Seems like the same problem you had !

Hi in the last week, my fan has been switching off! usually when I have the air con on. Have to wait a few minutes before switching it back on! Seems like the same problem you had !

Seems to be a common fault with the resistor pack - should be replaced under warranty.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom