All trip counters randomly resetting

Wozchild

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I have a Trophy and have recently noticed both the 'since last charge' and 'accummulated' trip counters randomly reset. I noticed this because my estimated miles on the GOM all off a sudden shot up. Upon checking the trip counters, all were at 0 even though I hadn't reset them, nor had the car been connected to a charger in-between. Has happened about 3 times in the last month. When I do charge (only charge at home on a 7kw charger), usually the 'since last charge' counter does reset as expected and the accumulated remains showing accumulated mileage.

Software version is R30. Could it be a bug, has anyone else experienced this?

I have a Trophy and have recently noticed both the 'since last charge' and 'accummulated' trip counters randomly reset. I noticed this because my estimated miles on the GOM all off a sudden shot up. Upon checking the trip counters, all were at 0 even though I hadn't reset them, nor had the car been connected to a charger in-between. Has happened about 3 times in the last month. When I do charge (only charge at home on a 7kw charger), usually the 'since last charge' counter does reset as expected and the accumulated remains showing accumulated mileage.

Software version is R30. Could it be a bug, has anyone else experienced this?
Yes, I've had my 'since last charge' and 'since start' reset themselves for no known reason. I've also had the accumulated one reset but I think only when the car had a software update. That happened today with the locking in update.

My accumulated totals have just reset again on me - it reset after about 1200-1300 miles from new, then after another 1500 or so. No software updates done and never leave it on the accumulated totals so not done it by accident.

My accumulated has reset itself once which I was disappointed with as I wanted to leave it to give me a proper average. My from last charge once didn't reset after a charge which was a bit odd. I am wondering if there is something in the settings that amounts to an automatic reset at a set mileage? I will have a good look tomorrow to see if I can find anything.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 532 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back