Alloy Wheel opinions

Ranger

Established Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I've been looking at wheels as the standard ones feel a little dull to me.
I'm not really sure of sizes etc as I've never changed the wheels on any of my past cars.
What do you think of this one? the MAK koln black mirror?

Attachments

• vwpassatkolnbm-219696.jpg
    vwpassatkolnbm-219696.jpg
    420.5 KB · Views: 518
  • mak-koln-black-mirror-4.jpg
    mak-koln-black-mirror-4.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 345
  • mak-koln-black-mirror-2.jpg
    mak-koln-black-mirror-2.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 334
Solution
Nevermind the ride or the aesthetics, bigger wheels are less efficient so you'll lose at least 5% of your range.
Lower profile tyres are more susceptible to sidewall damage from potholes.
I like the look of bigger wheels, but not the extra firmness to the ride and the extra cost and more noisy tyres.
View attachment 1902
So having thought about what you have said about size, handling and range. I've decided to go with the alternate MG alloy for the MG5 as it's near enough the same as I was looking at, but is the exact same size as the original wheels so will take the same tyres which will be fine to get me through the summer until I get some vector 4 season. They were on a buy 3 get the forth free. Which made them the same price...
Nevermind the ride or the aesthetics, bigger wheels are less efficient so you'll lose at least 5% of your range.
Lower profile tyres are more susceptible to sidewall damage from potholes.
I like the look of bigger wheels, but not the extra firmness to the ride and the extra cost and more noisy tyres.
View attachment 1902
So having thought about what you have said about size, handling and range. I've decided to go with the alternate MG alloy for the MG5 as it's near enough the same as I was looking at, but is the exact same size as the original wheels so will take the same tyres which will be fine to get me through the summer until I get some vector 4 season. They were on a buy 3 get the forth free. Which made them the same price as the third party ones.

Attachments

• IMG_20210301_161205.jpg
    IMG_20210301_161205.jpg
    480.6 KB · Views: 253
Upvote 0
Solution
Had the MG option diamond cut alloy put on this morning, here is a photo for those who are looking. Of course my shiny black center caps were waiting for me when I got home. So now I have to remove all the wheels to swap them out. It suprised me that no caps came with the wheels although the catalogue only shows them with the standard caps.
IMG_20210306_154444.jpg

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom