Alternative to ISMART APP

SULLY111

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi Guys
Is there an alternative app to the ismart ? MG Ismart app gives me belly ache , been trying to set up for the last two days and haven't been able to be successful , always saying , service not available try again later , I will try and look at instruction on the net , can't understand why its so difficult to bind the car , means I cannot programme to charge at the off peak times , bit of a nuisance .
Any advice would be appreciated .
Sully

No alternative that I know of.

When binding, make sure you’re in an area that has mobile signal, and set the infotainment to always dark, rather than automatic, to make sure you get the QR code to display properly

Hi Guys
Is there an alternative app to the ismart ? MG Ismart app gives me belly ache , been trying to set up for the last two days and haven't been able to be successful , always saying , service not available try again later , I will try and look at instruction on the net , can't understand why its so difficult to bind the car , means I cannot programme to charge at the off peak times , bit of a nuisance .
Any advice would be appreciated .
Sully
There's a good video here which shows you how to set up the app if you want to check you have done it properly.

The service not available message is either a problem with MG's servers which sometimes happens during busy times of the day when everyone is trying to pre-heat/cool their cars before commuting, or the car has a poor mobile signal in which case try driving the to a strong signal area. I know that doesn't help when trying to connect at home but it shows what the problem is.

There's a good video here which shows you how to set up the app if you want to check you have done it properly.

The service not available message is either a problem with MG's servers which sometimes happens during busy times of the day when everyone is trying to pre-heat/cool their cars before commuting, or the car has a poor mobile signal in which case try driving the to a strong signal area. I know that doesn't help when trying to connect at home but it shows what the problem is.
Thank you , will try your suggestion .

It took me nearly 2 weeks to set up the app and the only way I could do it was using email address not mobile number.
Thank you

I usually adjust the charging schedule using the car's main screen rather than using the app.
Thank you , why didn't i think of that ?

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 535 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back