Am i missing something here.

Mick Evans

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
So having agreed a price of £26,000 for a black long range I asked for a quote. This doesn't look like a £26k deal to me.
Screenshot_20220607-062311_Drive.jpg

How did you agree a price before having a quote? If it was verbal then you've not got a leg to stand on.

To be honest, the long range exclusive has never been less than £30k book and MG have put up their prices twice(?) since launch.

Then you've got the government grant to take off it which used to be £2500 then if you were lucky you could get affinity pricing, which is why some people who ordered last year got them for £26k ish.

Thanks for the reply. The £26k was agreed and I asked for a quote to see monthly repayments. The quote he has sent is for a totally different price. Doesn't help me if I'm planning repayments.

How did you agree a price before having a quote? If it was verbal then you've not got a leg to stand on.

To be honest, the long range exclusive has never been less than £30k book and MG have put up their prices twice(?) since launch.

Then you've got the government grant to take off it which used to be £2500 then if you were lucky you could get affinity pricing, which is why some people who ordered last year got them for £26k ish.
£24.6k was the going rate last summer when the LR was not long launched. That was with Affinity etc etc

Ah, some had a steal then 😃

When I was looking in September £26k was cheapest but I didn't qualify for the Affinity pricing and it worked out cheaper through our fleet company 😔

Definitely not an expert on car deals or finance, but it isn't obviously a deal for a £26,000 car.
Could it all be to do with finance costs on top of the cash price ? As I said, I'm no expert.
But as no one seems to have yet commented, "Are you an daft, of course that is a finance deal for a £26,000 car" I'd give them a call. Hopefully it's just a mix up, and the wrong figures have been put in the finance calculator.

Hi
Ask them the question why has the price gone up
I had a similar problem last year when buying mine
I paid £24600 with government grant and affinity scheme but it took the sales rep 3 attempts to get it right on the paperwork
So just query it
It could be a honest mistake by him
Good luck
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Where's the £6,500 "deposit" coming from?

You are "only" borrowing £22k so in theory could pay it off immediately and have the car as yours at a total cost of whatever you put down plus the £22k, the first payment of £421 and a £10 settlement fee.

Forget the credit charge for a second. What you are paying is 21945 plus 6500 deposit. That's 28445.

How much deposit did you agree to put down? If you agreed to 4000 say for example, maybe the dealer has used discounts to make your deposit appear bigger to get a better Apr deal?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom