Amazon Music

paulus

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I have logged by Trophy successfully into Amazon Music (my home account) and the infotainment centre correctly presents Amazon Music touch options, but I wish to use voice commands (like at home "Alexa play xxxx"), but I fail to manage this. Any advice on how to to get voice commands to work?

Have you tried search, top right, enter voice commands in text box, change to this forum and see if anything jumps out?

Yes. But alas nothing turned up for using the car's voice commands relayed to Amazon Music (eg "Alexa play some Neil Diamond")

I had a quick try this morning and found you can say "Play on-line music" and it will bring up Amazon Music. I couldn't get it to choose a play list but you can say "Play next track" and it will do so.
I'll have another go later.

Yes. But alas nothing turned up for using the car's voice commands relayed to Amazon Music (eg "Alexa play some Neil Diamond")
I've seen no mention at all of Alexa within the car, usually you have to agree to T&C's and agree to set up Alexa if you use it on a device.

I think Amazon Music (via infotainment) is only controllable via touch buttons and the MG voice commands (Next Song, Skip Song etc.

Via Android Auto it may work though through your phone with Alexa voice commands, really can't say as I haven't tried it.

You could try plugging an Echo Dot into the USB A port and connect it to the cars wifi hotspot and play Amazon music via bluetooth.

Thanks guys. It looks like I was expecting too much, maybe just select something to listen to then use voice for "next song" etc as suggested by CarlMG4.

Thanks guys. It looks like I was expecting too much, maybe just select something to listen to then use voice for "next song" etc as suggested by CarlMG4
A single right click on the right steering wheel joystick is next track, much quicker than asking

I have logged by Trophy successfully into Amazon Music (my home account) and the infotainment centre correctly presents Amazon Music touch options, but I wish to use voice commands (like at home "Alexa play xxxx"), but I fail to manage this. Any advice on how to to get voice commands to work?
How did you activate your Amazon feature? I have Trophy 23 plate and can’t seem to figure it out??

As far as I can remember, go to Amazon Music on the infotainment screen and tap the head and shoulders icon to the right of the search box which should bring up the login screen.

I don’t seem to have that option on my infortainment screen. Does the phone have to be plugged in and car play have to be on for this to work??

I don’t seem to have that option on my infortainment screen. Does the phone have to be plugged in and car play have to be on for this to work??
I've just noticed from your profile you drive an MG ZS. This is the MG4 forum so you might be better posting on the ZS forum.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back