Amber Warning Traingle

Kapper2

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Does anyone know what this amber warning triangle light on my dashboard means? Have looked through the manual and can't find anything. Comes on at random times and today whilst stopped at lights I had to be naughty and take a pic on my phone.

Attachments

• IMG_20220525_110230888.jpg
    IMG_20220525_110230888.jpg
    430.3 KB · Views: 827
It’s to do with speed information above red round circle which reads the road signs telling you the speed limit of the road. It’s in the manual and said not to trust the speed indicator above or something like that.

It’s to do with speed information above red round circle which reads the road signs telling you the speed limit of the road. It’s in the manual and said not to trust the speed indicator above or something like that.
THANKS!! Makes sense now. Much appreciated.

Taken from owners manual
Yellow triangle with . CAUTION
When the speed limit information function or intelligent speed assist function is enabled, and the front view camera detects a speed limit sign with text message below, the warning lamp illuminates yellow to remind the driver to recognise the text message by themselves. The camera cannot recognise the text messages provided below the speed limit sign, such as auxiliary lane, 100mls ahead, school section, 7:00-10:00. The camera will recognise the speed limit sign with text messages as a normal speed limit sign. The driver is required to make correct judgement according to the text message.

The first time this came up I thought it looked like a warning triangle with a wavy water line under it. Only on closer inspection did I notice it said caution. It was a relief when I looked it up and saw that it was just confused over the speed signs.

Why can't it just come up in place of the speed sign indicator, having it somewhere else just causes panic to new users.

The first time this came up I thought it looked like a warning triangle with a wavy water line under it. Only on closer inspection did I notice it said caution. It was a relief when I looked it up and saw that it was just confused over the speed signs.

Why can't it just come up in place of the speed sign indicator, having it somewhere else just causes panic to new users.
Agreed. When it first came up on mine I thought it was some kind of system fault, until I got home & did a search on this forum.

Does anyone know what this amber warning triangle light on my dashboard means? Have looked through the manual and can't find anything. Comes on at random times and today whilst stopped at lights I had to be naughty and take a pic on my phone.
I think this triangle means that car in restricted speed area - i.e. near school or similar.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom