Ambient Lighting

Stageshoot

Banned
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
One thing that really bugged me was the lack of Ambient Lighting coming from the EV6 which has a nicely lit cabin at night.

£8.70 on Amazon and Issue solved.

Orange to Match The Car

IMG_5555.jpg

IMG_5556.jpg

IMG_5558.jpg

Or Blue

IMG_5552.jpg

IMG_5553.jpg

Which kit did you get? Is it the same one Stuart thingmy got on his YouTube video? (His is powered from the 12V socket ... someone else here posted about a kit powered from the rear USB port).

Which kit did you get? Is it the same one Stuart thingmy got on his YouTube video? (His is powered from the 12V socket ... someone else here posted about a kit powered from the rear USB port).

Mine is powered from the rear USB i found it easier to hide the wires under the centre console when running from the rear.

I used this kit

Amazon product ASIN B083GHXFTJ
Basically the same kit as Stuarts Video but USB Rather than 12v.

Interesting - that kit is showing as £11.04 for me. (They've probably boosted the price so they can show a Black Friday discount ... which is still higher than the normal price). 🙄

Looks utterly awesome. Very neat! Definitely a good addition.

Cheers, yes if you run it from the rear usb you can hide all the leads down the seat runner and under the centre console a lot easier than trying to run from the front USB

Although I will probably take the time to redo it when I get a warm dry day and hard wire it in.

I wasn’t going to do this (because saw rats nest of wires previously), but your installation has convinced me it can be done neatly. Many thanks.

Yeah just a bit of time and patience with a spludger to push all the wires under the centre console and it comes out OK, I hat wires even the USB to phone for Carplay irritates me insanely, will probably get one of the wireless carplay adaptors just to resolve that.

Yeah just a bit of time and patience with a spludger to push all the wires under the centre console and it comes out OK, I hat wires even the USB to phone for Carplay irritates me insanely, will probably get one of the wireless carplay adaptors just to resolve that.
I have a wireless carlinkit mini. I have a short black usb cable to clip neatly and velcro/stick the mini to the underside of the floating console to hide it.

Re. USB cable ... I have mine coiled up under the tray, and then pushed up through the tray with another small loop so that the (magnetic) connector lies flat on the tray surface. Then it's a simple matter of putting my phone onto the tray and the connector almost connects itself. :)

I wasn’t going to do this (because saw rats nest of wires previously), but your installation has convinced me it can be done neatly. Many thanks.
Definitely a much neater way of doing it

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel