An update on updates?

Sure, received yesterday an update from our dealer, allegedly new Version of Navigation Maps, unfortunatelly we could not verify ;)

I don't blame the dealer or the technician, it just went bad;) most of the errors are gone after 1 night, only the pedestrian warning and the ACC error comes back irregularly.

Sure, received yesterday an update from our dealer, allegedly new Version of Navigation Maps, unfortunatelly we could not verify ;)

I don't blame the dealer or the technician, it just went bad;) most of the errors are gone after 1 night, only the pedestrian warning and the ACC error comes back irregularly.

Ah, that's not great?

After many problems (see above) and charging interruptions at AC, Gustava is getting a charger update today and hopefully also an update so that the navigation system works again - you can stay excited ...

so, Gustava is back home and according to the dealers technician some updates where applied, at the moment there is no versioning - updates where all from February 2020 - next release will be end of march 2020 with big changes on "bings and bongs"

we updated the navigation system again and updated the license - this should have been the problem - why it could not load the map material.

Furthermore, we have refreshed various control units (battery management, on-board charger, comfort electronics, etc.).

Unfortunately, the system does not currently provide any update definitions. There is general talk of improvements.
However, this should change in the future - so that we will also be able to provide you with details about the changes made

tomorrow (Friday) we will get an update that will give the possibility to turn of the honk after key is in the car and doors are closed.
For example, if you put the bag with the key in the back seat or the trunk and close the door to get in at the front.

update will take roughly 30 minutes, will also try to get more informatation about other updates and improvements!

Please see the below email that I have just sent to the MG brand director at my nearest MG dealer.

Hi Peter,
Mark Holmes again, sorry!!
I’m still awaiting on the delivery of my car that I’m hoping will be early April. I have joined a MG ZS EV, which is really informative and as well recommendations being suggest that MG could look to apply to make the end users experience more enjoyable. For example the smart app that others have in other countries and the bing bong noises that seem to be driving people mad.
Is there a centralised MG communication centre or email address for MG ZS EV owners to send their comments, constructive comments and recommendations to help MG really excel in the EV market place and become a brand of choice?
Kind regards
Mark

I got the update this morning, I can confirm that the horn no longer happens when the key is in the car. After closing all the doors (with the key in the car) a bling / blong starts after 5 seconds and the dashboard shows "please remove the key from car" - but the neighbors are only slightly disturbed by this ;-)

I didn't get any version information, but at least in Europe the update should be available.

So far, we had received updates for various control devices (battery management, on-board charger, comfort electronics. Charging works so far without problems at many AC charging points, DC charges are relatively slow due to the temperatures, here we probably have to hope for summer and better battery management.

Thumbs up for the MG team here in Austria !!

Please see the below email that I have just sent to the MG brand director at my nearest MG dealer.

Hi Peter,
Mark Holmes again, sorry!!
I’m still awaiting on the delivery of my car that I’m hoping will be early April. I have joined a MG ZS EV, which is really informative and as well recommendations being suggest that MG could look to apply to make the end users experience more enjoyable. For example the smart app that others have in other countries and the bing bong noises that seem to be driving people mad.
Is there a centralised MG communication centre or email address for MG ZS EV owners to send their comments, constructive comments and recommendations to help MG really excel in the EV market place and become a brand of choice?
Kind regards
Mark

Hi Mark,

There isn’t anything that I’m aware of, I’ve mentioned this to our MG Area Manager who said they will look into the possibility. I think it’s a great idea.

Regards,

Brand Director

Last edited:
I would recommend removing the sender's real name, or did he agree to the publication? Personally i would not be happy to find my full name in a forum without my approval.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom