Android AI box - seamless connection - Hotpspot on

MGCamb

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
OK got my AI box and trying to work out the easiest connection using the car hotspot.
My phone looks for the hotspot as does the AI box, however the hotspot resets to off each time.
Any bright ideas to get round this or do folk just use their own data or am I missing something.

So I'm guessing you have a Trophy if the car has a WiFi hotspot. Is there an option within the car settings to turn the hotspot on by default?

I use a SIM card with my AI box, and then it provides a hotspot for everyone's phone in the car. The AI box can be set to turn it's hotspot on when turned on.

So I'm guessing you have a Trophy if the car has a WiFi hotspot. Is there an option within the car settings to turn the hotspot on by default?

I use a SIM card with my AI box, and then it provides a hotspot for everyone's phone in the car. The AI box can be set to turn it's hotspot on when turned on.
Yes a Trophy. It resets when you lock the car. Switch my own hotspot on or reconfig if going long distance or abroad by the looks of things

That's not great. The AI box I have also has an option to turn on the hotspot when a device connects to it. It would be useful if the car had that option.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 512 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back