Android Auto Connectivity & YouTube music artist search

Tommohawk

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Hi fellow MG4 drivers, loving my new car and some great tips on here! However, I'm having a couple of issues with connection from phone to Android Auto (AA) and YouTube music on AA.

1. My AA kept disconnecting from my Samsung S20 phone within 5 - 10 seconds of plugging it into the front USB initially. Tried other phones. One new iPhone seemed good, others, same issue. After trying several cables, I finally found a small cable (10 cm and not particularly high quality) works but it's not long enough to put on the ledge. MG just said they'll update some software when I did my new car service at 1,500 km but that didn't help. Just sticking with the short cable for now and a little cup holder stand for the phone which works fine. Curious if anyone else has similar issues?

2. I use YouTube music because it holds all my downloaded iTunes files (yes, I'm old 😃). I switched to YouTube music because there's no ipod connectivity (yes, I'm really old) in MG4s. I don't subscribe to it for Premium because I have bought all the music I want to listen to (I'm stuck in the 90s, Seattle sound). All in all, I love it, but when I try to search by Artist it only let's be search from A to C and can't seem to get to the next letter ranges. Works fine on the phone, but can't see how on the AA screen in the car. Anyone know if this is a limitation of AA for this or an MG4 issue, or a user issue (most likely). I have a lot of music so may be file size.

Cheers all

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 511 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel