Android Auto dropping out

Sounds to me like a fault....faults should certainly be covered by the warranty ....I definitely wouldn't want to pay!

Maybe this will help:

1.Download from Playstore Droid Hardware Info app
2.After install open, agree and go to System.
3.Check your Phone's processor type at Instruction sets. Mine says arm64-v8a
4.Close app and go on Phone to APK mirror and select latest version of Android Auto
5.Select the correct version which mtaches your Phone's processor
6.Download correct version and install
7.Connect with car via USB and follow instructions
It should work now
So I picked my new MG 5 from MG Android auto worked fine on the way home until it cut out and then I couldn't reconnect. Tried new cables, reinstalling Andoid auto, it worked once then cut out again, this went on for a week. So i followed the procedure above and I can confirm it now works perfectly every time.

Just like to add, I put my phone into the side pocket next to the USB input, after a few seconds, the car screen go's blank, then returns when you pick the phone up again. I believe its the phone pocket function to stop you from accidental pushing the screen while in your pocket.

I went into "Settings", "Accessibility Features" then turned "Misstouch Prevention" off. (Mine phone is a Huwaei P30 pro)

Now it all works perfectly.

Thanks for the post, great help.

I've given up on it. After singing the praises of the 90 degree, magnetic data cables I bought, where it worked every time, I now find after updating AA on my phone it doesn't work anymore. I found another cable that intermittently works, but intermittent is too distracting when driving so I gave up.
It's a shame really, because my nav is rubbish at showing nearest charge points without going through several screens of settings and Google maps was showing them on AA as soon as it connected (when it did).

I'm having same issue, Android Auto is very inconsistent, I didn't even have the App and it sometimes worked, now I have the App nothing at all tried the reinstall moving the USB cable to different ports, still nothing, just that message stop your car and connect to USB bla bla, annoying to say the least. Meant to be brand new cars, you'd expect the manufacturers to test these systems and test them well.

Being a limited technical person I just plugged my One Plus phone into one of the USBs and Android Auto has worked perfectly for well over a year (tempting fate!). Obviously I was fortunate enough to find the correct USB and had the appropriate cable?

Android Auto has been nothing but annoying in the past 3 years, and when you rely on it because your built in sat nav is so shite, these issues make living with it infuriating.

Every time I get a phone call and answer it AA sends it to my phone (and not loud speaker either) So I click on the option on the infotainment screen to send the call to bluetooth and it sends it to my smart watch instead!
Even when I make a phone call I still have the same issues. I might be able to take 1 out 100 phone calls through the actual stereo properly.

This isn't MG specific, I've had it in 7 different cars and the issue is the same. I have the latest Google Pixel phone so you'd think I'd be set!

Android Auto has been nothing but annoying in the past 3 years, and when you rely on it because your built in sat nav is so sh*te, these issues make living with it infuriating.

Every time I get a phone call and answer it AA sends it to my phone (and not loud speaker either) So I click on the option on the infotainment screen to send the call to bluetooth and it sends it to my smart watch instead!
Even when I make a phone call I still have the same issues. I might be able to take 1 out 100 phone calls through the actual stereo properly.

This isn't MG specific, I've had it in 7 different cars and the issue is the same. I have the latest Google Pixel phone so you'd think I'd be set!
Tell your watch and the MG to forget the other.

Being a limited technical person I just plugged my One Plus phone into one of the USBs and Android Auto has worked perfectly for well over a year (tempting fate!). Obviously I was fortunate enough to find the correct USB and had the appropriate cable?
I can confirm that my One Plus has worked consistently since day one too. The only gripe is that occasionally it needs me to disconnect and reconnect the cable to detect the phone.
When I enter the car phone automatically starts android auto(detects car using Bluetooth I believe) and a notification pops up on the phone confirming the same.
After READY I simply plug in the phone and in then Android auto is available on infotainment.
OnePlus 7t
Android 11

Yes it is, I've used other phones and had the same issue.
Do you have this problem if you leave the watch at home ? If not then perhaps it's a your phone (any phone) and watch problem ?
I don't use a smart watch so have never experienced your problem :)

Do you have this problem if you leave the watch at home ? If not then perhaps it's a your phone (any phone) and watch problem ?
I don't use a smart watch so have never experienced your problem :)
I do have a Smartwatch (with the ability to answer calls, but I disabled that function) and had no problems with AA in use and calls nor when I only use BT in the ZS. With AA and cable I had some problems every now and then.

But when I bought a Wireless connector (AA Wireless) and have had no issues eversince.

With the USB cable connected you do also have to use the BT connection with your Phone especially for calling, so maybe that's the problem?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom