Android Auto Keeps Disconnecting

MrRee83

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
I searched for this issue but didn't see anything, so had to create it.

Not sure why this is happening, but at erratic times Android Auto just disconnects from the infotainment system. It's still wired in via USB A (left side under floating island), and my phone tells me it's connected, but the infotainment system keeps telling me to connect it. It's frustrating when I'm using maps and it dies during the drive, then keeps doing it every time I reconnected my mobile. My Apps are updated on my mobile, so I don't know what is causing this.

Any suggestions are welcome

Not sure why this is happening, but at erratic times Android Auto just disconnects from the infotainment system. It's still wired in via USB A (left side under floating island), and my phone tells me it's connected, but the infotainment system keeps telling me to connect it. It's frustrating when I'm using maps and it dies during the drive, then keeps doing it every time I reconnected my mobile. My Apps are updated on my mobile, so I don't know what is causing this.

Although all the indications are there that the wired connection is good, it may be worth trying another cable, just in case one of the many contacts within the cable isn't reliable all of the time.

FWIW, I experience the same in my current (petrol) car and have purchased a Carlinkit to try to bypass the dependency on the cable for the data connection (and just to use it if/when the phone needs charging, and with the view to use this same setup in the MG4, when it arrives).
However, I've not had much success in getting the Carlinkit to work with my Android phone, yet! 🤦‍♂️
...so back to the original suggestion of trying another cable, if only to rule that out!

Last edited:
I've not had any issues yet with AA. (See another thread for the cable and setup I'm using).

Which car variant do you have, and which Infotainment software version?

Although all the indications are there that the wired connection is good, it may be worth trying another cable, just in case one of the many contacts within the cable isn't reliable all of the time.

FWIW, I experience the same in my current (petrol) car and have purchased a Carlinkit to try to bypass the dependency on the cable for the data connection (and just to use it if/when the phone needs charging, and with the view to use this same setup in the MG4, when it arrives).
However, I've not had much success in getting the Carlinkit to work with my Android phone, yet! 🤦‍♂️
...so back to the original suggestion of trying another cable, if only to rule that out!
I tried a different Cable and it didn't help, so I'm going to try a different mobile.

I've not had any issues yet with AA. (See another thread for the cable and setup I'm using).

Which car variant do you have, and which Infotainment software version?
MG4 SE LR (EH32-X2 64 COM)
I don't know how to check which software version I have

Hi I'd like to add my two penny's worth I took delivery of ZS SE in October, it's been a software nightmare, sat nav puts me in fields, car starts in towing mode, infotainment won't switch off until I get out and lock the doors and Android auto stops working even though the phone phone says it's still connected.

Hi I'd like to add my two penny's worth I took delivery of ZS SE in October, it's been a software nightmare, sat nav puts me in fields, car starts in towing mode, infotainment won't switch off until I get out and lock the doors and Android auto stops working even though the phone phone says it's still connected.
Erm ... this is the MG4 board?

I have the exact same issue, ruled out cable, device, port issue. Tested on Samsung, Xiaomi, Huawei. Spent lots of time troubleshooting. I am taking car to dealership next for software update as there is another issue with rapid battery charging, which is supposed to be fixed through update. So, maybe it will also fix this issue.

Following the last update which was R43 I think, the car occasionally throws Android Auto out and you have to unplug and plug back in. Weird thing is that it does it a lot on some journeys and not at all on others.

Cables will make a difference but could well be your android version if it's older.
I have Android 10 which always connects everytime, my wifes older phone runs Android 9 which will absolutlely not connect. It did when we got the car but then stopped at some point.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 510 79.3%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back