Android auto phone list

Ranger

Established Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Would be great to have a list of phones that do and do not work consistently with the MG5/ZS head unit.

I'll start.

Phone: Red Magic 3s
Android Auto working?: No

Phone: Samsung S10
Android Auto working?: Yes

Let's see if we can help one another understand this head unit.

Huawei P20 - connect after 2 / 3 attempts, once connected works fine

Last edited:
Samsung Galaxy S8 works well with Android Auto and basic Bluetooth operation. No luck downloading the address book though, keeps failing

MG5

OnePlus 6
Android 10
Android Auto Working : Yes

Would be great to have a list of phones that do and do not work consistently with the MG5/ZS head unit.

I'll start.

Phone: Red Magic 3s
Android Auto working?: No

Phone: Samsung S10
Android Auto working?: Yes

Let's see if we can help one another understand this head unit.
S8
Android 10
Plug in doesn't work unplug and plug back in a couple of times then it connects and works fine , bought proper cable doesn't make any difference

I have this exact problem. I've had to redownload the app many times to reset it and hope the car sees it.

I have this exact problem. I've had to redownload the app many times to reset it and hope the car sees it.
I've reloaded the app as well still the same can cope with it just annoying it doesn't connect automatically.

Officially the Google and Pixel phones will connect wirelessly, i also have a Pixel 3a Xl which does connect all the time wirelessly. Phones with Android 11 should all connect either wireless or by cable with no issues, it seems earlier versions are temperamental to say the least

Officially the Google and Pixel phones will connect wirelessly, i also have a Pixel 3a Xl which does connect all the time wirelessly. Phones with Android 11 should all connect either wireless or by cable with no issues, it seems earlier versions are temperamental to say the least
Unless you have proof otherwise, I don't think you can connect wirelessly. That feature relies on both ends having the features and I don't believe the MG5's/MG EV's head unit has that capability.

Last edited:
Huawei P Smart 2019......will connect but seems to revolve around USB connection setting on the phone, always defaults to charge only so if I manually change to file transfer connects and stays connected.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom