Android auto phone list

I have a Huawei P30 Pro. Works fine with the supplied cable, now using a short lead with a 90° plug. Still works flawlessly. What am I doing wrong? 😜
I have the same phone and it does not work ... well it works intermittently. Also using the original cable .. :(

Just bought Xiaomi Mi 10T Lite, works like a dream. Even voice button on steering wheel works. Good match 😃
Had previously Samsung s8 and was ok ish.

I plugged my Honor10 in, fired up Android Auto and it worked first time. Running Android 10.

Wife's phone : Honor9 Lite Android 9 - Tried several cables. (Don't even get option for USB/file transfer when connecting ).. Android Auto on MG5 keeps saying I need to connect a phone. :-(

My phone, Huawei Nova : Android 6.0 - Phone sees car ( after selecting File transfer mode on phone ). But car doesn't see the phone. Keeps asking me to connect phone via USB.

Try enabling usb debugging and make sure you've installed and opened the android auto app. Try changing the usb port it's plugged into in case there's been a wiring mix up

Try enabling usb debugging and make sure you've installed and opened the android auto app. Try changing the usb port it's plugged into in case there's been a wiring mix up
Thanks. Will have a google to see how to enable usb debugging. (Whatever that is😊)

Just found out how to do the usb debugging thing. Isn't google great.( Wierd, all this tapping build number 7 times stuff). Will try out the Android Auto later this morning.

Just found out how to do the usb debugging thing. Isn't google great.( Wierd, all this tapping build number 7 times stuff). Will try out the Android Auto later this morning. EDIT : tried usb debugging, various cables. 3 different phones, various sequences. No joy. Going to dealer this morning. They will check the car.

Unless you have proof otherwise, I don't think you can connect wirelessly. That feature relies on both ends having the features and I don't believe the MG5's/MG EV's head unit has that capability.
Can confirm this doesn't work using a Pixel 4 w/Android 11. The phone connects and I can use Bluetooth for phone calls, but Android Auto is not available.

I have a Huawei P30 Pro. Works fine with the supplied cable, now using a short lead with a 90° plug. Still works flawlessly. What am I doing wrong? 😜
Can you go into settings and click About phone and confirm your model number is VOG-L29 or do you have something different?

I haven't tried it yet, but interestingly the Android Auto page doesn't even list MG as a compatible vehicle brand...

..But I'm sure that can't be an exhaustive list, and clearly it DOES work...

I tried a Samsung A70 and it was working fine until a couple of days ago. I'm now getting a message saying to try a different cable even though I am using the same one as last week. When I find a cable that Androud Auto is happy with it launches on the phone but not on the infotainment unit.

I'm wondering if there was an update in the last few days that has messed things up again.

I tried a Samsung A70 and it was working fine until a couple of days ago. I'm now getting a message saying to try a different cable even though I am using the same one as last week. When I find a cable that Androud Auto is happy with it launches on the phone but not on the infotainment unit.

I'm wondering if there was an update in the last few days that has messed things up again.
Bear in mind that not all cables are "data cables". There are some that are for charging only, altho' they tend to be rarer.

Bear in mind that not all cables are "data cables". There are some that are for charging only, altho' they tend to be rarer.
Yes but I can't see why a cable that was working perfectly just a few days ago should now have failed. I actually had 3 cables all of which were working fine none of which now work.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom