Android Auto wireless box.

Carsifi or AAWireless

OK, Thanks to this excellent forum I have most of my answers except ONE.....
Carsifi or AAWireless......I have looked at both and am stuck.
Some thoughts are very much appreciated to allow me to make a good decision.
Can't help with AA. Have had Carsifi since mid March and no problems or even occasional dropouts. Off air software updates seem to work fine via the associated app. Last update included new feature so development is on going. I'm delighted with it.

Not having both to compare I could not say, I plumt for the AAWIRELESS from what I had read. Not had any problems, just fitted it in cubby tray, linked to my phone and job done.

Further reading and excellent input from the forum members I have ordered the AAW. Thankfully they are in stock and be shipped out today to me here in Malta. Looking forward to recieving it.

Carsifi or AAWireless

OK, Thanks to this excellent forum I have most of my answers except ONE.....
Carsifi or AAWireless......I have looked at both and am stuck.
Some thoughts are very much appreciated to allow me to make a good decision.
I have AA wireless and it works great, if anything freezes is normally down to the head unit rather than the adapter.
I have a right angled usb lead and i put the adapter in the side pocket next to my left leg.

So my AAwireless box has arrived and setting up and updating was a breeze, but my phone seems to keep disconnecting and reconnecting (sometimes losing routes etc) I have a Pocophone F3. Anyone got any suggestions?

So my AAwireless box has arrived and setting up and updating was a breeze, but my phone seems to keep disconnecting and reconnecting (sometimes losing routes etc) I have a Pocophone F3. Anyone got any suggestions?
Have you tried this setting?
  1. Go to Settings> WiFi> Wi-Fi Assistant
  2. Once inside, deactivate the option « Select the best networks automatically «

Have you tried this setting?
  1. Go to Settings> WiFi> Wi-Fi Assistant
  2. Once inside, deactivate the option « Select the best networks automatically «
All I have under wifi assistant is traffic mode. >>> Balanced or fast connection. Was on balanced, so will try the other.

Ta

Last edited:
UPDATE....Got all my cables as suggested ny 'ajw1100'. My AA arrived this morning so will be playing around over next couple of days. What fun to take my mind of the fact that for some unknown reason my rear and front cameras stopped working. Fuses all good so it is a mystery.

hi,
is anyone using Waze with the AAwireless. i am having lag issues with wired aa auto and hoping since AAwireless is transferring the data using it's dedicated SW it may fix the issue

anybody has experience using Waze thru AAwireless
i am trying to find a way to bypass the lag issue when connecting the phone directly (wired AA) with my MG HS.
i am hoping the dedicated AAwireless app is transferring the data differently and may fix this issue.

anybody has experience using Waze thru AAwireless
i am trying to find a way to bypass the lag issue when connecting the phone directly (wired AA) with my MG HS.
i am hoping the dedicated AAwireless app is transferring the data differently and may fix this issue.
I understand from the AAW weblog on XDA that this is a common problem with Waze and AA rather then AAW. The AAW app itself is not involved once the connection is established. Seems that Waze works slightly different than Maps. Specifically Maps uses the GPS from the car, where Waze does not. I am not myself using Waze, so this is not from own experience!

I understand from the AAW weblog on XDA that this is a common problem with Waze and AA rather then AAW. The AAW app itself is not involved once the connection is established. Seems that Waze works slightly different than Maps. Specifically Maps uses the GPS from the car, where Waze does not. I am not myself using Waze, so this is not from own experience!
Thanks for the replay.
The issue is not with the GPS (this was verified by someone in another thread. It is only a visual latency (audio guide thru waze is perfect). I belive that the issue is with the data transfer of the display since waze (although owned by google) is not an android native app.I belive that the AAwireless app is not just for pairing between phone and wireless receiver, but also for converting the data inorder to transfer over wifi (P2P) I am hoping that the data streaming between the phone and the AAwireles box is compreesed (or just changes somehow) removing any differentiation between one app and another.

AAwireless works flawlessly in MG5, a very good investment to stop the need to plug the phone in evertime. Set-up literally took less than a minute for everything to find and connect to each other. Now the Android Auto is usually working by the time the car hits the ready display on the dash.
Will this plug into usb charging, as opposed to data?

Hi all, had the car, an MG HS Phev for a week and a half and so far no worries amd more than happy.

Was thinking of , via a wireless box, installing wireless for Android Auto.
Any users tried this method and if so which unit did you choose/any pitfalls etc?

Regards
I tried this (with AAWireless) because I found the usb cable got in the way, but couldn't get it to work , so sent it back. I don't use android auto much anyway, as the phone charges on the wireless pad, I use the built in navigation and my phone bluetooths to the car for Spotify anyway.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom