Android Auto with Youtube Music Volume fading - Because of R10 software??

Deleted member 11238

Reaction score
Hi, My first post! hope I am doing this right??

I am after some help if possible...

I have version R10 (MG4 SE) and apparently has been updated by the dealers last week (10th Jan 2023). When I load Android Auto I still get the 'NOT FOR RESALE' watermark message but also when I play my music via Youtube Music the volume fades in and out all the time! I don't have any notifications or google maps playing so there is no reason for the music to fade like this. Does anyone else have this issue?

I have been in another MG4 with R13 software and their Android Auto does not have the RESALE message and the music plays correctly.

The dealer said the car cannot be changed from R10 to R13. Is this true?

Hopefully someone can help

Thanks

JimG

Attachments

• IMG-20221227-WA0001.jpeg
    IMG-20221227-WA0001.jpeg
    56.5 KB · Views: 81
I got my MG4 SE SR 25-Nov-22 ... it came then with 1100/R13, so if that's not available for your car then either a) the dealer don't know what they're doing, or b) the MG server hasn't allocated that release for your specific car so the dealer were unable to update it.

Sorry for the delay in responding. The not for resale sign has now gone. The garage said to update Android Auto on my new phone and the sign has disappeared and it works OK. Still got R10. The fading issue has now been resolved as it was my old phone that could not cope aparently.
But, the USB stick that I prefer to have my music on that has been in at least 4 other cars with no problems does not work. It loads up, but cannot read. The garage are at a loss as to why, no change there then, on my own.
I bought a new USB, same result. Have tried different formats, no luck. I have emailed MG UK for their comments and am awaiting a reply, not confident if they are like my garage. Any suggestions before the car goes to an auto electrician? Car drives lovely by the way.

I bought a new USB, same result. Have tried different formats, no luck. I have emailed MG UK for their comments and am awaiting a reply, not confident if they are like my garage. Any suggestions before the car goes to an auto electrician? Car drives lovely by the way.
There used to be a problem with the Ford Focus not playing music off a USB stick. It turned out that there were certain makes that didn't work, I seem to remember SandisK was one, but the cheaper ones did.

Sorry Im an Apple user - BUT USB - USB Normal or USB C ? - I found that I had to use an older Iphone lead with the Normal USB 2 type end for Apple Play to work - I thought that was a tad naff to be honest .. But I found a solution so end of as we are all Apple in my house hold.. (Until Apple adopt the Normal charge format that is ...

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 544 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 92 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back