ANDROID AUTO

dundee1961

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi, is anyone having issues with Android Auto? Bought Brand New USB cable, its connecting for less than minute and then disconnecting... With Both My Husband and My Wife's Phones.
Thank You

There is a few posts on here about android auto, I've kind of given up on it.
Properly not what you want to hear sorry.

If using a Samsung phone you may have to make sure in settings that it is set to data transfer when USB connected with Android Auto.

See info on link

please give more details on your phones, make/model/android version/andrioid auto version etc.

my oneplus 7 pro, running android 11 with the latest version of android auto (7.0.0113904) works for hours at a time with zero issues.

it may sound like a faf - but you need to keep everything up to date.

The wife has an honor, couldn't tell you what version of android it is, it has a micro USB connection,
mine is a Blackview bl6000 pro, android 10, with a USB C , a blackview Bv9600pro Android 9 with extended USB C connection, Yes I do prefer rugged phones, its a bit hit and miss if the android auto works, I've put it down to the size of the phone and the position of the cable, my fault rather than the car?
But I'm happy just to use the bluetooth connection with the phone.

I had trouble with android auto on both my Razer Phone and my Google Pixel 5. However as soon as I had swapped it with an official google usb C cable (£20) it's now working without issue.
I do believe my cheap angled cables were to blame for the unreliable connection.

Issues I had were random disconnects and could be reconnected by unplugging and inserting the cable again (either end). Also restarting the phone or restarting the head unit would work as well.

Waiting for mine to go to production.
I thought I'd scraped into the last production/delivery batch but must have missed it by a whisker.
same here. I saw someone with a lower order number had one dispatched. Possibly different countries could be easer to dispatch to.

Has anyone used this?

Carlinkit Wireless CarPlay/Wired Android Auto Dongle with MIC for Android Head Unit Car Radio Need install Autokit App in the Car, Support MirrorScreen/iOS 15/Online Upgrade, Black​

Reading the Advert says can only be used with after market head units, has anyone got this to work?
Its on amazon for £56 in stock

Hi, is anyone having issues with Android Auto? Bought Brand New USB cable, its connecting for less than minute and then disconnecting... With Both My Husband and My Wife's Phones.
Thank You
I’ve never had a problem used Android Auto from day 1

Hi,
I find that Android Auto will only connect using the left side USB port not the right hand one as some have said. Is this my phone or is there some other reason?

Hi,
I find that Android Auto will only connect using the left side USB port not the right hand one as some have said. Is this my phone or is there some other reason?
Same on the mg5, left usb has a phone symbol whereas the right had a usb symbol

Fermata Auto is worth an install if you have an android phone connected to your car.
You can use youtube and iptv on your car's infotainment - using your phones data plan.

Might be ok to kill time while charging your car.
Not my plan to but it can play videos/youtube while you are driving - might keep the little ones entertained.

Thank You

threesome marriage !?
I didn't like to ask when I first read that. Wasn't sure what I'd be getting into. 😂

Hi,
I'm guessing here, but isn't that depending on left or righthand driving? Being on the mainland in Europe, we tend to drive on the wrong side of the road if you used to righthand driving...

My AAWireless arrived today and it's easy to set up and works perfectly, solving all the connection and dropout problems I was having with my Galaxy S9.
I'd tried all the suggestions re cables and settings in the Android Auto app but nothing was completely reliable. Having multiple failed connections on startup and then sometimes having to pull over to reconnect because Google Maps had dropped out was definitely not fun.
I see many have no problem with their cabled setup and now I know how you feel to have true Android Auto functionality. If you are having problems I definitely recommend getting AAWireless (though they are having some supply chain issues at the moment so you might have to wait till January).

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom