Annoying sunlight reflection off faux leather dashboard surface

Colin E

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Does anyone else have trouble with early morning sunlight reflecting off the faux leather dash top on to the windscreen? I have laid a piece of black cotton fabric over the surface in front of the driver. Not the most elegant, but roblem sorted.

Does anyone else have trouble with early morning sunlight reflecting off the faux leather dash top on to the windscreen? I have laid a piece of black cotton fabric over the surface in front of the driver. Not the most elegant, but roblem sorted.
Interferes with reflections in dashcams too. My Soul EV has the centre round bit in view & I remember the 1st Jazz had what looked like a loo seat right in front of the driver's screen!

My Nextbase Dashcam has a rotatable polarising filter built in to avoid this.

@Colin E this is ideal to cool dashboard and reduce glare on dashcam, you can get different colour stitching. Ali express
1654342328595.jpeg

Yep I got a dashboard cover for my MG5 with black border stitching for £13 on Ali express - good job but I needed more/better self adhesive Velcro fixing pads

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought one of Aliexpress, black with red piping, once laid flat cured all problems with reflection, also I'm sure it makes it slightly warmer in winter.
I'd be worried about it retaining damp out of the air in the winter and causing condensation.

Polaroid sunglasses should get rid of the reflection.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom