Happy Sunday samcain !!
Yep, no problem. My car is booked in for its service on the 15th , so I will mention the vibration problem you are having, and see if they have experienced this complaint before. I will get back to you shortly after that. Stick to your guns and tell your guys that it is definately not a "normal thing", not all PHEVS have this problem. All the best.
Cheers jock appreciate it.thank you.

Happy Sunday samcain !!
Yep, no problem. My car is booked in for its service on the 15th , so I will mention the vibration problem you are having, and see if they have experienced this complaint before. I will get back to you shortly after that. Stick to your guns and tell your guys that it is definately not a "normal thing", not all PHEVS have this problem. All the best.
Cheers jock appreciate it

If the throttle linkage is electronic then the cause of the vibration is even more puzzling. Engine vibration transmitting through the bulkhead presumably.

Hi samcain,
Here we are, back from the first year service in Faro. A 2 hour wait in a nice comfortable customers room, along with a few sticky buns and cups of coffee, and the car was ready. No problems reported by the mechanic who came through to talk to me afterwards. I asked him if he was aware of any problems with vibration through the throttle, and rough engine running, being reported by any customers and he said not. He stated that he had not experienced any issues like that and he drives each car after completion of service to check everything is ok. He is not aware of this type of problem. Mind you, the dealership started MG sales and service just a year ago so there is only a couple of hundred MG´s in the algarve so far. Reading all the entries here in the forum, there does seem to be a vast difference in quality of service between dealerships in UK and Ireland and what we have here in Portugal. So, there you go samcain, as promised, I did mention your problem to them and got a favourable answer. Not all PHEV´s have this problem. I hope this information motivates your dealership to get it´s S--T together.
Best of luck mate.
Ian

Hold on a mo!! I have just thought, what is the big difference between British and Irish cars and European cars?? We drive on the opposite sides (one left side the other right) I wonder if somehow that could be a factor to investigate? Why not mention that to your guys and see what transpires.
Ian

Hi samcain,
Here we are, back from the first year service in Faro. A 2 hour wait in a nice comfortable customers room, along with a few sticky buns and cups of coffee, and the car was ready. No problems reported by the mechanic who came through to talk to me afterwards. I asked him if he was aware of any problems with vibration through the throttle, and rough engine running, being reported by any customers and he said not. He stated that he had not experienced any issues like that and he drives each car after completion of service to check everything is ok. He is not aware of this type of problem. Mind you, the dealership started MG sales and service just a year ago so there is only a couple of hundred MG´s in the algarve so far. Reading all the entries here in the forum, there does seem to be a vast difference in quality of service between dealerships in UK and Ireland and what we have here in Portugal. So, there you go samcain, as promised, I did mention your problem to them and got a favourable answer. Not all PHEV´s have this problem. I hope this information motivates your dealership to get it´s S--T together.
Best of luck mate.
Ian

Hold on a mo!! I have just thought, what is the big difference between British and Irish cars and European cars?? We drive on the opposite sides (one left side the other right) I wonder if somehow that could be a factor to investigate? Why not mention that to your guys and see what transpires.
Ian
Yes Ian that could have something to do with it because all of the people with the same problem are irish or English
Hi samcain,
Best of luck mate.
Ian

Ian
Yes that's a possibility but if I say that to my guys here I'm sure they will have a quiet snigger.thanks for being interested in my problem. If you get a chance watch AU TO BEARS ON U TUBE. tap in mg hs phev review he highlights the same problem.thanks again Ian.

I decided to use the cruise control I've never used it before .its actually very impressive. Now I don't have my foot on the throttle pedal when I'm on the motorway and for short local runs I drive in ev mode.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom