Anti-Glare Screen Protectors

As siteguru said you just get two for the infotainment screen. Ones for the drivers screen are also available.
Thanks Ian, again very useful information.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Does it cut down reflections much? I'd be interested if it does.
Yes it does ... the difference is very noticeable. I was out in the car today in bright sunshine - previously I'd have struggled to see the Google Maps screen, today it was clear and crisp. Soooo much better.

Go for it. :)

Fitting is easy - in my case I ignored the instructions and opted to fit it from the long flat bottom edge as that makes it much easier to line up. Bubbles clear away quite easily. :)

I’ve just ordered this, I assume it is just for the infotainment screen? Is there one available for the binnacle display also?
thanks
Paul

I’ve just ordered this, I assume it is just for the infotainment screen? Is there one available for the binnacle display also?
thanks
Paul
Matt ones for the drivers screen

As the Infotainment screen isn't something you carry (like you would a phone) so can't be dropped, and is unlikely to face impact damage, then I see no reason for a glass screen protector. The matte finish is the key property for me as it makes the screen actually viewable in bright conditions.

Good question! You get two film protectors for the price of one 9H hard glass protector. So which ones do you need?
From experience these glass ones are way easier to apply without any bubbles than the film protectors which are prone to bubbles and/or edges pulling away.
As the Infotainment screen isn't something you carry (like you would a phone) so can't be dropped, and is unlikely to face impact damage, then I see no reason for a glass screen protector. The matte finish is the key property for me as it makes the screen actually viewable in bright conditions.
They do a matte one in the glass too.

I think both of these comments have actually answered my own thoughts. Don't necessarily need the extra protection of the glass screen protector, but the matte finish is key....don't need two protectors unless one peels, and that is the crux of it, the film ones are likely to peel.

Glass one, clean screen, apply, forget. Will report back on my thoughts after ordering the glass one, thanks for the input guys :)

Whichever anyone decides on with these, handy knowing they are cheaper direct from the seller (at least with first order discount of 10% with newsletter subscription) from protectionfilms24

1684939397453.png

The one I got was easy to apply and the bubbles swiped away nicely. Key (for me) for fitting was to align the bottom edge (making sure it fitted at both sides) then let it adhere, then swipe away any bubbles. (The instructions say to align on one side, but that makes it more difficult to stop it going on "squint").

The one I got was easy to apply and the bubbles swiped away nicely. Key (for me) for fitting was to align the bottom edge (making sure it fitted at both sides) then let it adhere, then swipe away any bubbles. (The instructions say to align on one side, but that makes it more difficult to stop it going on "squint").
Over the years that I have had film protectors and after use have found dust starts to accumulate around the edges, they then start to lift and peel. Also, touch screen use I find your finger tends to drag on the plastic.

They may have improved since I stopped using them I don't know, but having switched to these ultra-thin tempered glass ones on a good number of devices, unless you have a curved edge to a screen it's a very simple fit and forget, removing any air bubbles is effortless.

I used a brotect glass one in my wife's last car, the Dacia Duster which she owned for the last 2.5 years. I cannot remember if that was listed as a matte finish one or not but on selling the car today it still is in place as new and definitely reduced the glare and actually raised the clarity of the screen graphics. After finding that brotect actually do a matte glass protector for the MG4 that swung it for me, personally.

Whichever anyone decides on with these, handy knowing they are cheaper direct from the seller (at least with first order discount of 10% with newsletter subscription) from protectionfilms24

View attachment 17729
Does anyone happen to know of a seller who ships further internationally? I’d love to get these in Australia but so far haven’t found anyone who ships to here.

Try here

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom