Any disappointments?

I don't think so... I have seen reports of the outgoing model suffering from condensation on the interior windows... Hopefully something they have solved on the incoming facelift model (fingers crossed)
Impression I got was condensation was in part due to the heating putting the car in air recycling mode/Aircon on and partly user error 😉 in not noticing.

Apologies yes. I don't know if the new one has an interior light for the rear passengers, but you'd hope that had been sorted. The new charge door doesn't shade the port so that won't be an issue, and I can't comment on the headlights, though even our Model 3 I'll be upgrading with an LED light bar as there's just too many critters that can ruin late night drives here
Still no rear interior light in the new model.

I have a SE Standard Range and totally love it. Brilliant to drive (handles pretty well which surprised me after coming out of a Stelvio) and as the weather is getting warmer is becoming much more efficient.

I have the SE spec so I accept it's no luxury spec but I think it the height of tight-arsedness that they deleted the speakers from the back. Also why did it have to go without blind-spot detection and cross traffic alerts that the Trophy has?

But other than that I prefer the cloth seats to the vegan leather and the lack of roof bars so I am happy with my car :)
I like the vegan leather seats specially when I've taken my 12 year old twin grandsons to play football. The mud wipes off nicely lol

Hi Guys
new gen 2 xsev LR top of range
a few niggles but as others pointed out, at the price you get a lot for your money.
one really bad feature, no lighting in rear compartment. Read various articles online about ease of adding an LED strip light.
any experience of this please especially to LED Strip alternative

Disappointments? None.

Minor gripes- how sensitive the ICE appears to be on fruitPhone leads, not being able to set off battery heating remotely anymore following an iSmart update, another 50 miles of range & the boot is a wee bit too small.

Its also not particularly sexy to look at, however given I’m a middle aged married tubby engineer that’s not particularly an issue.

“Perfect” (I may have mentioned before the ioniq5 is a lovely bit of kit) is another £20k & just not going to happen.

“Good enough” is how I’d put it

I know what bothers me (I haven’t even got the car yet, ZS LR EV) is the back parcel shelf, I thought they went out in the 80s? Other cars have the roller type, why not the ZS? Gas struts on the front bonnet, I know it’s built to a cost, but come on, I can put up with not having an electric boot, it’s not going to take power from the battery,would rather have range than an electric boot, don’t know why MG doesn’t have a frunk as an optional extra, think there missing a trick there, but what sold the car to me, range, sun roof and the big boot, I play golf and needed a boot I could get the clubs and trolley in, without having to put the seats down, having looked at others EV there boots are crap…really looking forward to getting the car…
Im having trouble getting my clubs and trolley in the boot unless i lose the parcel shelf which opens up thieves to look inside unless i take the longer clubs out every time. Good luck.

I love the car only niggles for me is the infotainment (Battery problem) as said by the garage losing radio stations phone not syncing. The boot could be a bit bigger. Overall I'm happy though.

An old thread has risen.

Come people, you should know better than to start negative posts about the car.

Keep it positive everyone!

Last edited:
I know what bothers me (I haven’t even got the car yet, ZS LR EV) is the back parcel shelf, I thought they went out in the 80s? Other cars have the roller type, why not the ZS? Gas struts on the front bonnet, I know it’s built to a cost, but come on, I can put up with not having an electric boot, it’s not going to take power from the battery,would rather have range than an electric boot, don’t know why MG doesn’t have a frunk as an optional extra, think there missing a trick there, but what sold the car to me, range, sun roof and the big boot, I play golf and needed a boot I could get the clubs and trolley in, without having to put the seats down, having looked at others EV there boots are crap…really looking forward to getting the car…
You can’t fit a set of clubs in the boot without taking the driver out.

Oh, this post is a year old. I think this poster may have realised by now the driver issue

No complaints here, had ours about six months now and really happy with it. Test drove other evs but the range and specs swung it for us (and comfort). Some nice specs in other cars but terrible range so a no brainier.

Just a couple of small niggles with my Gen 2 Trophy LR neither of which impact on my enjoyment of the car which I love.
No heated steering wheel which I've had for the last 4 years.
Also the speed limit indicator is so unreliable as to be useless. Waze has an accurate system with an audible warning which I use all the time. Otherwise I can't really fault the ZS. Excellent value for money.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom