Any late Nov/Early Dec orderers know where their car is yet?

danbaxteruk

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi all,

I ordered a Trophy in early December through Tusker (work Salary Sacrifice scheme) and started with late March as my estimated delivery date. That then changed to late April midway through December. I was just wondering if anyone who also ordered around that time has any further details on their order progress? As it’s all done through Tusker, I don’t have any direct contact with an MG dealer, so am on the lookout for any helpful info!

Obviously I know the ordering system has been down, and hopefully there’ll be more info coming soon, but it would be good to hear what people know!

Many thanks,
Daniel

Hi all,

I ordered a Trophy in early December through Tusker (work Salary Sacrifice scheme) and started with late March as my estimated delivery date. That then changed to late April midway through December. I was just wondering if anyone who also ordered around that time has any further details on their order progress? As it’s all done through Tusker, I don’t have any direct contact with an MG dealer, so am on the lookout for any helpful info!

Obviously I know the ordering system has been down, and hopefully there’ll be more info coming soon, but it would be good to hear what people know!

Many thanks,
Daniel
Not December but Jan 6th. Dealer told me today that they are expecting my car by the end of March. Mine is an SE SR.

Hi all,

Many thanks,
Daniel
Orderd very early October, not a peep from dealer since then. Cancelled on Saturday. I will wait and buy a used on in about 6 months.

Very interesting, thanks. Makes no sense how they can know where a car from a Jan order is, but then not know where one from an October one is. Guess that shows why their computer system needed updating!

Hi all,

Many thanks,
Daniel
I ordered mine through Tusker mid-late November and was given mid March as a possible date, that’s now slipped to late March, but the build slot on the website is still showing as TBD. I’m hoping once this software’s fixed they’ll be able to update this but…

Cos of payroll can only get mine delivered between 1st and 11th of each month so really hoping for an April delivery 🤞🏻

Ours also ordered through Tusker is showing late March now, it recently moved from early March but as stated above it also shows that it is awaiting a build slot which I really hope it isn’t as if it is there is no way they are going to make the late March estimate.

I have previously read on here but not verified the information that for some reason the salary sacrifice cars get less priority than a direct dealer purchase… but that could be codswallop for all I know.

Our order went in on the 16/11/22 with Tusker and then confirmed after paper work was sorted between Tusker and my place on the 24/11/22.

Ours also ordered through Tusker is showing late March now, it recently moved from early March but as stated above it also shows that it is awaiting a build slot which I really hope it isn’t as if it is there is no way they are going to make the late March estimate.

I have previously read on here but not verified the information that for some reason the salary sacrifice cars get less priority than a direct dealer purchase… but that could be codswallop for all I know.

Our order went in on the 16/11/22 with Tusker and then confirmed after paper work was sorted between Tusker and my place on the 24/11/22.
Depends on the scheme I think. Tusker order through dealers, when they have an order they put it on a system and dealers ‘bid’ for the sale. That’s what my Tusker guy told me anyway.

Ordered my Trophy late Dec. I stated I wanted a delivery date end of May 2023. As of this date, have had regular communications from my dealer and all on track.

Last edited:
No contact from your dealer or no news on your car?
Nothing. I chased again via email, see what I get back. Not unexpected, but I don’t think giving regular customer updates - especially given the waiting times, is unreasonable to expect do you?

Nothing. I chased again via email, see what I get back. Not unexpected, but I don’t think giving regular customer updates - especially given the waiting times, is unreasonable to expect do you?
Have you firmly told them by phone/f2f that you want regular updates? I found I had to make my expectations clear before I got weekly emails from them. Once they knew I wanted contact even if there was no news, they got it.

Have you firmly told them by phone/f2f that you want regular updates? I found I had to make my expectations clear before I got weekly emails from them. Once they knew I wanted contact even if there was no news, they got it.
Good point. I will give it a try.

Hi peeps

Just to let you all know if you don't already that MG have the computer systems up and running now so if your waiting to collet your car then give your dealer a ring

Simon

Have you got headoffice phone number as thru are nice and might be able to help you if you want the number

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 493 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 84 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 46 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back