Any one using ABRP with a OBDII

Dave53

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi, I have recently taken out the premium ABRP option and using an ABRP recommended OBDII unit, one of the good things is it shows how your car is charging giving you the PowerPoint kW output and your SOC live info,( no more switching on and off the car to see the SOC which I think can cause issues)the only issue I have is it seems to be out of sync of about 4% ( car says 100% OBDII states 96%charged) another good feature is when correctly set up using the navigation it will tell you the SOC when you set off along with an expected SOC on arrival updating constantly based on live info from the OBDII if a charge is required it will warn you and suggest the best power point to charge from based on filters you have set, I'm still trying to get my head around all it can do but for the low cost to get it up and running I'm very impressed.
Is anyone else using this system and what are your thoughts?

Hi, I have recently taken out the premium ABRP option and using an ABRP recommended OBDII unit, one of the good things is it shows how your car is charging giving you the PowerPoint kW output and your SOC live info,( no more switching on and off the car to see the SOC which I think can cause issues)the only issue I have is it seems to be out of sync of about 4% ( car says 100% OBDII states 96%charged) another good feature is when correctly set up using the navigation it will tell you the SOC when you set off along with an expected SOC on arrival updating constantly based on live info from the OBDII if a charge is required it will warn you and suggest the best power point to charge from based on filters you have set, I'm still trying to get my head around all it can do but for the low cost to get it up and running I'm very impressed.

I want also to buy a OBD unit to use with ABRP. Which model did you buy?

ABRP uses % of available battery (42.5kw) and should tie in with what a charger shows when you plug in.

CarScanner et al use total battery (44.5kw).

Difference is about 4%.

I want also to buy a OBD unit to use with ABRP. Which model did you buy?
Screenshot_20220217-101211_Amazon Shopping.jpg

How did you connect the OBDII to ABRP, I've got the Vgate iCar Pro and the premium ABRP but can't find anywhere to link the two in the app?

Open up the app on the phone, you have to set up the car, once you have set up the car click on it and scroll to the bottom the link is there to pair it with the app, remember to have Bluetooth turned on in your phone

My OBD readout shows 96.2% when the car shows 100% fully charged.

1645198860129.png

Attachments

• 1645198846697.png
    1645198846697.png
    104.5 KB · Views: 168
Hi,

I've also been trying to do the same. Found it in the end.

Add car, RHS arrow expands obd further down.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220218-145015.png
    Screenshot_20220218-145015.png
    334.2 KB · Views: 167
  • Screenshot_20220218-145000.png
    Screenshot_20220218-145000.png
    338.5 KB · Views: 166
  • Screenshot_20220218-144811.png
    Screenshot_20220218-144811.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 154
How did you connect the OBDII to ABRP, I've got the Vgate iCar Pro and the premium ABRP but can't find anywhere to link the two in the app?
If you have thé mg zs EV mk2 it seems that it doesn't work. Abrp support tells that the connections command are no more the same and the connections procedure that worked fine for mkI doesn't work nos for any dongle.

Saw this on a different thread under General Resources. Not sure if this is helpful here but worth a read - evwatchdog.net . The app developer is a member here too and seems quite active and helpful.

hello,
I am in contact with abrp because it is impossible to validate the third step when connecting with my Icar Pro BLE 4.0 on my MG ZS EV LR 2022.
After getting information, he saw that the LR certainly has different obd commands and asks if someone will have them recovered with Torque Pro in order to integrate them into abrp.

"the ones with header 781 do not seem to work on long range version"

Do you have to open a topic for this, or do you have the information?

Last edited:
hello everyone,
if no one has any information to retrieve the PIDs (obd command) on the MG ZS EV LR 2022, I would like to participate if I can.
only, how do you use Torque to retrieve these commands?
I looked at the Android App, but it doesn't seem complete... does anyone know a tutorial for this use?
thank you

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom