Any Orange Trophy orders still outstanding?

danbaxteruk

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Just trying to gauge, if you’re still awaiting delivery of your Orange Trophy, could you please reply with your order date and expected delivery date, and any other info you may have?

Many thanks!

Ordered 9th Dec - still “Awaiting Build Slot” with anticipated delivery “Late April”

I ordered 1st November and was told 6 to 8 weeks.

I cancelled yesterday due to no delivery in sight and bad communication from dealer. As I cancelled the dealer said he still had no build or shipping info at all.

Got a Blue trophy getting delivered this month, from elsewhere.

When we collected our car they said that MG are building in colour/trim batches and that Orange was sold out at the moment, White was done before xmas and Blue more recently. Apparently Orange was much more popular than expected.

So it will depend on the colour choice (not just trim) as to when your car will arrive.

When we collected our car they said that MG are building in colour/trim batches and that Orange was sold out at the moment, White was done before xmas and Blue more recently. Apparently Orange was much more popular than expected.

So it will depend on the colour choice (not just trim) as to when your car will arrive.
Given that all the promo literature, and a lot of the review cars, were Tango, I find the bit in bold hard to believe. ;)

Given that all the promo literature, and a lot of the review cars, were Tango, I find the bit in bold hard to believe. ;)
I think they had guesstimates of what the popular models and colours would be but nobody knew and it did not match expectations. I remember Miles talking about this a few podcasts ago.

Took an canselled order from september (Orange Luxury) with estimated delivery q1-23. Havent heard a shit from dealer about status. Never bought a new car with such lack of information from a dealer before.. What the fudge is wrong with the MG order system?

Precisely. We were bombarded with Tango marketing and they wonder why it’s so popular. Although I prefer the white and red, it’s nice to see the volcano orange brightening up our roads.

Ordered mid December, expecting delivery by the end of this month (though no firm dates…)

Dealer apparently ordered blue and black trophy’s at the same time as my orange one, and those are due in this week. (And available to buy if anyones interested.)

Just trying to gauge, if you’re still awaiting delivery of your Orange Trophy, could you please reply with your order date and expected delivery date, and any other info you may have?

Many thanks!

Ordered 9th Dec - still “Awaiting Build Slot” with anticipated delivery “Late April”
I ordered a Camden Grey Trophy on 11th November through a salary sacrifice scheme at work, just been updated to delivery early April but status is still awaiting build slot. Going to give it a couple of weeks and if there is no change I'll probably cancel and go elsewhere.

I ordered a Camden Grey Trophy on 11th November through a salary sacrifice scheme at work, just been updated to delivery early April but status is still awaiting build slot. Going to give it a couple of weeks and if there is no change I'll probably cancel and go elsewhere.
Did you order through Tusker?

Funnily enough yes, it's who the company I work for decided to partner with
Same here. Not sure if you saw my previous response. My order is showing 'awaiting build slot', though I've been told direct from the dealer that it's at sea (or will be soon). I ordered on December 9th

Same here. Not sure if you saw my previous response. My order is showing 'awaiting build slot', though I've been told direct from the dealer that it's at sea (or will be soon). I ordered on December 9th
Cheers, for the info. I've only seen the updates from Tusker. Maybe I should drop Perrys Fleet an email to see what info they have

Cheers, for the info. I've only seen the updates from Tusker. Maybe I should drop Perrys Fleet an email to see what info they have
I spoke with Perry's Luton (who placed the order) and also Perry's Fleet HQ. Actually received a different answer from each. The dealer said it's on a boat, with delivery expected around March 20th, HQ said it's about to be put on a boat, with delivery likely in April

I spoke with Perry's Luton (who placed the order) and also Perry's Fleet HQ. Actually received a different answer from each. The dealer said it's on a boat, with delivery expected around March 20th, HQ said it's about to be put on a boat, with delivery likely in April
Interesting, I have only had contact from someone at Fleet and I have no idea which branch will be my dealer as Perrys don't have any dealerships in London. Think my closest is 40 miles away so guess it will be them.

Ordered an Orange Trophy mid November and was told delivery would be 'before April 1'

No contact from the Dealer so called in last week and was told the computer says TBA. I assume from that that a build slot has not yet been allocated.

Oh dear... getting impatient now.

Hmm, I may have made an incorrect assumption. I spoke with somebody who I thought was from Perry's Hyundai (think that's where the phone number goes to, it's a Luton number), though the lady I chatted with is from Fleet. When the order was placed on Tusker, she (Sue) sent an email for me to verify the specification. You could try giving her a call, she's very helpful, I'll send her details in a private message. If you give her your Tusker order number, she will hopefully be able to check the status.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 507 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back