Any updates on lead times ?mgzs ev on motability was told april/may

Well been informed by my dealership. The MG boat is at sea on its way to Portbury. And will get my car on the 21st of March 2022.so it is not long to go. So there is a delivery soon
That would be the Sunlight Ace heading for the straits of Gibraltar. Due in 28th Feb/ 1st March. :)

"in the sea" is such a confidence inspiring bit of chinglish in the dealer order tracker.

Any news on lead times?
I got text y'day from Canterbury dealer saying 'we've a car for you in March' which is a surprise as their computer (they showed me) quoted delivery in May. Pity I'm on vacation abroad for a few weeks. Hey ho, but then I shall prob have 'her' for life/till they take away my licence/I rob a bank and buy a Tesla (only joking Elon)

We received the following notification at the start of the month, Bear in mind that your dealer may have pre-ordered some models to get ahead of the game. So as per previous post, it would be best to check with the dealer for the actual order date on MG's system.

New ZS Electric – All models

The cars with an original order date in November, we hope to now receive by the end of April, those with order dates in December to February, we would estimate to be delivered May/June time.

MG5 Electric

We have now received all orders up to the end of November, orders placed from December, I estimate it will be around the May time before they arrive.

Now I need to look for the thread on 'how long do Ohme take to install a charger' :)

We received the following notification at the start of the month, Bear in mind that your dealer may have pre-ordered some models to get ahead of the game. So as per previous post, it would be best to check with the dealer for the actual order date on MG's system.

New ZS Electric – All models

The cars with an original order date in November, we hope to now receive by the end of April, those with order dates in December to February, we would estimate to be delivered May/June time.

MG5 Electric

We have now received all orders up to the end of November, orders placed from December, I estimate it will be around the May time before they arrive.

Now I need to look for the thread on 'how long do Ohme take to install a charger' :)
Can’t help with the car delivery but I booked my ohme charger fitting yesterday and they could have done it next week for me here in Liverpool. I actually chose the week after coz it suited better for me…..looks like it’ll be fitted to the house long before the car arrives though reading some of these forum messages. 🙄🙄🙄

Can’t help with the car delivery but I booked my ohme charger fitting yesterday and they could have done it next week for me here in Liverpool. I actually chose the week after coz it suited better for me…..looks like it’ll be fitted to the house long before the car arrives though reading some of these forum messages. 🙄🙄🙄
Maybe you could hire it out and make a bit of money while you're waiting? :)

I think the price of nickel may be why the short range is being manufactured in preference to the long range due its cheaper iron battery chemistry.

The long range uses more chips. A due to the LOCKDOWN in China in certain places there is worker shortages hence delay
I have been told that its the opposite as the standard range operates at a slightly higher Kv and requires extra circuitry and that the chips are being diverted to that model due to higher demand due to the loss of government grants on the long range.

Was told theres a 12 month wait time for cars as of now, you might get lucky have one thats been cancelled but dont hold your hopes up.

Dropped into dealership today here in the west of Ireland, sales guy told me July delivery now looking like September, he's fine with me Changing back to red from blue so not all bad

I ordered January 6th, I'm taking a relaxed attitude, not really thinking about it

Hello all I ordered a MG ZS EV last October. I have just been awarded the high rate mobility and was able to order a car because of this I sold my own car as it was pointless re-insuring. This means that I have been without a car for 4 months.
Can any give me an idea how close to the top of the list I would be.
Please excuse the long-winded explanation I am autistic and can't help it.
Cheers
I'm in the same situation as you buddy, Ordered in November, told March, sold my car in March, now am looking at a July delivery 🤷‍♂️ I am car-less, but it is my own fault for not waiting until I had the new car... In terms of insurance, you would have had to insure the new one and when you insure for the year and cancel part way through you get a partial refund so you don't actually lose anything by doing that. I pulled the trigger on selling because we have another car in the family and I couldn't say no to the offer I got. But a lot of us in the same position, waiting for months, a lot without cars, some even cancelling because of the delays.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom