Anybody taken advantage of the free EV home charging point offer?

CogZog

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi, so pleased to have found this forum as we are about to be collecting our new ZS EV a week today.

As the title says, has anyone done so? Just wondering what the procedure is to getting it installed and how long was the wait?

I had the Rolec charger installed, oddly I wasn't offered the pod point, I've got a feeling that is because Rolec and MG worked together to fix an old issue of the car not waking to do a timed charge.
However, what is supposed to happen is that your dealer will pass on your details to Rolec/Pod Point saying that MG are paying for it. My dealer gave Rolec the wrong email address (Missed a letter in the address) and I only found this out after contacting Rolec directly. But once all that was done a REALLY good local company came and installed the charger in about 2 weeks.

I had the PodPoint charger installed, less than two weeks after ordering the car. The dealer warned me not to pay anything up front as they are paying for it and it's a bit of a faff for them to get your money back for you if you paid. You can have tethered or untethered, your choice, all free.

Getting my Pod-Point fitted next month. Had to pay £80 for 5m of extra cabling (over 15m).
Yeah, Same, I had to pay an additional £95 for additional cabling as my house is one of those "Back to Front" houses where the drive is at the bottom of the garden 😂

There is a questionnaire to complete that requires photos of where you want the charger fitted.
The drive way or offroad parking, and metal pipes and earth bonding to pipes and gas.
They also want details of your electricity supplier and the fuse wattage that is just before your meter.
Not as bad as it sounds but not a shock if you know.
I have pod point works fine but I wasn't impressed by their fitting times.

Cheers Paul

I had the Rolec installed, I did the legwork but MG paid for the majority of the cost, but it was still a huge reduction in cost after the government grant discount...

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom