Anyone can purchase on the Affinity Scheme

val33

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I really feel that a forum like this should be publicising just how easy it is to qualify for the Affinity scheme and just how big the savings can be when buying a new car.

You do NOT need to be an NHS worker etc to qualify. The easiest and cheapest way is to be a member of (or join) either the MG Owners Club or the MG Car Club, either of which will set you back around £50.

My dealer (Richmond MG Portsmouth) were perfectly happy to process my order and assured me they are very happy with the scheme.

My Phase 2 MG4 Trophy in Dynamic Red with a list price of £33,190 is costing me £30,088, a saving of £3102. And, I believe, you can still use the Affinity scheme with PCP deals.

Can this information be made more obvious for prospective owners? A 'sticky' or top of the Wiki or somewhere?

I would hate to find out this type of information after taking delivery of my new car!

When I bought mine two years ago, I didn't know about the affinity scheme but it would not have helped as I got it on a 0% PCP

I bought mine on the affinity scheme, over 4k off the price and type 2 cable thrown in.

Given the high savings rates available at the moment, the 0% PCP deals offer roughly the same total cost as the Affinity scheme does providing you stash the final payment away wisely for two years. Then it comes down to things like the mileage limits, credit score, free type 2 cable, option to return car etc.

I really feel that a forum like this should be publicising just how easy it is to qualify for the Affinity scheme and just how big the savings can be when buying a new car.

You do NOT need to be an NHS worker etc to qualify. The easiest and cheapest way is to be a member of (or join) either the MG Owners Club or the MG Car Club, either of which will set you back around £50.

My dealer (Richmond MG Portsmouth) were perfectly happy to process my order and assured me they are very happy with the scheme.

My Phase 2 MG4 Trophy in Dynamic Red with a list price of £33,190 is costing me £30,088, a saving of £3102. And, I believe, you can still use the Affinity scheme with PCP deals.

Can this information be made more obvious for prospective owners? A 'sticky' or top of the Wiki or somewhere?

I would hate to find out this type of information after taking delivery of my new car!
Would you not already have to own an MG though to be able to register for those "owners clubs" ? Otherwise seems a bit too good to be true.

Would you not already have to own an MG though to be able to register for those "owners clubs" ? Otherwise seems a bit too good to be true.
No. No requirement to own an MG and you can join on the day! Volvo run a similar scheme, and they insist you have to have been a club member for six months before qualifying.

What are the limitations to the Affinity scheme? Can it be used on the 0% PCP plan and/or the higher rate scheme? Presumably no other discounts are allowable in conjunction with it. Is what you save fixed or does it vary dealer to dealer. How much is it likely to be on an MG4 Trophy?

When I got my MG5 SR it was 0% and I was not offered the Affinity scheme but asking about it later I was told that you can't have both and the 0% was a better deal.

Last edited:

Enter your details and select MG owners club for qualifying and explore the discounts

I believe you can not have 0% PCP and Affinity at the same time. Bit like most offers, you can’t stack them.

I bought mine on the affinity scheme and got £5000 off with 6 years interest free credit as well as the £3000 grant bringing the cost of my MG5 down from £29500 to £21500.
Can you give me some details please about the interest free credit and £3000 grant? Happy for you to reply here or DMs if you don't mind!

We bought our MG5 Exclusive in March 2021 for £21500 after receiving £3000 grant from the Government and a £5000 reducing in taking a 0% ,6 year interest fre loan. No longer available now though! ( Scotland Only) for the loan.)

Is there any way to see the discounts without registering first? Don't want to spend £50 unless the discounts are still worth it! ;)

Is there any way to see the discounts without registering first? Don't want to spend £50 unless the discounts are still worth it! ;)

Doesn't have the Xpower and ER models but someone left the prices for these above I think

Doesn't have the Xpower and ER models but someone left the prices for these above I think
Great, thanks :)

Just go through the process and select owners club. You don’t need proof unless you take the deal. But if you need finance the 0% offers still works out better at RRP.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 529 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 90 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 49 7.3%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back