Anyone else got screen problems on the LR ZS ev?

John Sauve Rodd

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Tell me your screen or app issues please.

I'm soon to lock horns with the dealer for the first service on my 22 plate ZS LR and ask for a new screen. The car's been good, EXCEPT the total failurenof the app to connect to the car (I've tried everything) and I suspect the 'screen' / the computer in it to be at faul - evidence in my car is missing bits on the screen that come and go, the vehicle overtaking lights on the wing mirrors coming on when there's nothing there and a few other inconsistencies. FYI my first ZS EV 20 plate had to ahve the screen replaced at 6 months - total failure.

Can you chaps summarise the screen failures you've experienced?

Thanks

Re the app- have you tried to register via email, doing it by phone never seems to work for people.
I've tried everything, the head of service at Caffyns too + follow up with SAIC and MG. Zilch. I get by of course, but when abraod using Antwerp chargers I have to guess/calcjulate when to unplug - the authorities there so far don't ding you for an overnight charge.

Upvote 0
I've had a few glitches, the sort of thing I've come to expect from vehicle software, such as the radio becoming unresponsive, but nothing that a reboot of the unit hasn't fixed. The good old, "turn it off, and then back on again" seems to fix most problems, though I haven't had to reboot the whole lot by disconnecting the 12v battery yet!

In most things, the infotainment unit is better than the one in my Renault Zoe, you just have to find your way round the software glitches. In 100 years time, it will all be (almost) perfect! :LOL:

Upvote 0
Yeah, this sounds a bit ridiculous, but I did a settings reset in the centre console and then set the clock to my actual time zone (dealer boomered his way through some menus and set it manually, for some reason) and the "bind" function suddenly worked in the app first go after 3 days of failing over and over again.

Upvote 0
I had to take mine back to the garage as the radio stopped working safe to say battery disconnect did the trick. now I'm having an issue with left mirror passing other cars the sensor light will only come on occasionally which is annoying when I'm overtaking.

Upvote 0
I had to take mine back to the garage as the radio stopped working safe to say battery disconnect did the trick. now I'm having an issue with left mirror passing other cars the sensor light will only come on occasionally which is annoying when I'm overtaking.
So you're saying the 12v battery > disconnet > reconnect and all was well on your car? Were you at the dealer? FYI I too have the left mirror thinking it can seee overtaking cars when I am driging single carriageway roads. I'd be grateful for someone with tech MG skills to comment on how to get the infotainment/app to work.

Upvote 0
Thanks V31. I had a 2020 ZS - screen failed with an electric bang after 6m; the 2022 LR does odd things - e.g. I see the orange 'something overtaking' lights in the nearside wing mirror when I am on a single carriageway. Wife took photos for evidence, then it righted itself and had not come back. "go figure" ad the Americans say.

Upvote 0
I noticed my 2020 screen has recently started to reboot itself now and again for some reason.

Upvote 0
Hi have similar problems with my control panel. It basically glitches all the times, radio FM does not work and i cant use most of the commands from the panel cause of the glitches.
Tried already few times to press and hold the Home button to reset the panel, but with no joy.
Any other suggestions??

Upvote 0
Hi have similar problems with my control panel. It basically glitches all the times, radio FM does not work and i cant use most of the commands from the panel cause of the glitches.
Tried already few times to press and hold the Home button to reset the panel, but with no joy.
Any other suggestions??
Have you tried disconnecting the 12 volt battery for 10 minutes?

Upvote 0
I had a 2020 ZSEV and the screen conked out and had to be replaced under warranty; my 2022 model had issues e.g. parts of the display disappeared, the wing mirrors said 'car overtaking' when there was none and so on, all put right with a s/w update on the annual service. The dealer (Caffyns Ashford Kent) said they were a problem on the MG range including ICE cars.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom