Anyone ordered a 'spare' or second 'Blade key' for their second Key Fob

JuziWomble

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
As it says on the title - My second Fob doesnt have a blade key in it -

a) Should the second fob have a Blade key within?
b) Anyone ordered a spare/second if they didn't have one - Was that easy ?
c) Would a key cutter be able to replicate my original one or is it a MG specific job

OH :poop::poop::poop::poop::poop:

Right that's a warranty jobie then ??? ....
Have you tried the spare fob, does it allow you to lock / unlock the car remotely and start it ?.
If so, at least we know you have been given the right fob for the car, because it is coded at least !.
No workshop visit then, just a new replica blade to get cut 👍.
A good lock smith could reproduce one from the original emergency blade, but the car should have come with two anyway, so it’s over to them now.

Have you tried the spare fob, does it allow you to lock / unlock the car remotely and start it ?.
If so, at least we know you have been given the right fob for the car, because it is coded at least !.
No workshop visit then, just a new replica blade to get cut 👍.
A good lock smith could reproduce one from the original emergency blade, but the car should have come with two anyway, so it’s over to them now.
Yeah use the second non blade key fob - all the time

I'll speak to the Dealer - I shouldn't have to pay for something that technically should have been with the car from the start (& yes it was brand new)

ta everyone

Yeah use the second non blade key fob - all the time
Maybe a good idea to use the second fob or switch over the blade, until the replacement blade arrives.
Just on the off chance you are unfortunate enough to encounter a flat 12 volt battery 🪫 as you will not be able to gain entry into the car without the emergency key 🔑 !.

Maybe a good idea to use the second fob or switch over the blade, until the replacement blade arrives.
Just on the off chance you are unfortunate enough to encounter a flat 12 volt battery 🪫 as you will not be able to gain entry into the car without the emergency key 🔑 !.
Been there had that issue - had 'lots' of them there updates done and that seems to been sorted 🤞 Xmas break will be the next test re that 12 volt battery bug; as we will be out in the ZS - But yes blade needed with me just in case ....

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 516 79.4%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 87 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back