Anyone ordered from Arnold Clark Liverpool

retrobloke

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Just interested to if anyone has ordered from Arnold Clark Liverpool or already picked one up?
I ordered 3 September. Not been given any info at all !!!

Have the same problem with Cars2 Barnsley. Customer service for me would be call the customers every couple of weeks to update even if to say there is no news yet. Lots of dealers get the order and then seem to forget they need to carryon the conversations after the sale.

Don't worry the majority of us are in the same boat re comms. Not my dealers fault its MG order update process that's poor.

Alan

Seems to be the common theme through the forum. I have actually communicated via emails. The last one has not been replied to, it included oil leak and undertray bulges!!!!!(I have followed the forum on both issues).

Same with me - I emailed last week but no reply yet.

Arnold Clark MG, East Kilbride in my case.

Appreciate the dealers aren't getting much info from the factory but, having been here before (with another manufacturer/dealer), I didn't want to wait 6 months only to be informed by the dealership that they messed up and never actually placed my order!

...so I contacted MG customer services directly and it turns out they need the MG order number (rather than dealership order reference), in order to look up the current status.
"The MG order number is a 10-digit order number, which usually begins with 3000 and can be obtained from your purchasing dealer if you do not have it."

So, I emailed my MG dealer (that I had placed my order through) to ask them for the MG order number... but never heard anything back!!
Fortunately, customer services were eventually able to find out the MG order number for me (via a copy of the dealership order form I had to supply), but the net outcome from that was still quite vague - "your car is currently awaiting factory build", but at least reassured me that it had reached the main MG system...!

Surely it is in the dealers interest to chase up orders. The sooner they get the cars the sooner they get paid and if there's a trade in the sooner they get more stock to sell.
At the moment, it seems that MG are not supplying to dealer orders.
They're just shipping a random assortment of cars to dealerships, knowing that they'll get sold sharpish.

In my case I even have the VIN for my car - but the dealer still can't (or won't) tell me where it is or when they'll receive it. 🙄

At the moment, it seems that MG are not supplying to dealer orders.
They're just shipping a random assortment of cars to dealerships, knowing that they'll get sold sharpish.
In your opinion, does this imply that you're better off just regularly calling up an assortment of dealers around the UK, in the hope that they may be able to provide you a car, rather than forming an orderly queue via the 'official' ordering process?

In my case I even have the VIN for my car - but the dealer still can't (or won't) tell me where it is or when they'll receive it. 🙄
Yes, it is as Wonko said and Miles talked about this on the recent podcast.

The normal ordering system is suspended and MG are simply shipping out whatever they choose and then carving it up to dealers when the boat arrives. This was designed to stop dealers going bust due to the severe delays with chip shortage etc… that is affecting everyone.

Miles said that by January it will be back to the normal system and this should mean dealers have a much better idea of when each car is coming.

We were told January originally, so if your order is anything like mine they may or may not have made it but there’s no way with the system above for them to know it is ‘mine’ and give me a VIN yet, until they have a car allocated that fits the spec.

Last edited:
just supplying random orders to dealers, adds fuel to the fire, when we are seeing orders going out with anything between 6 weeks and other people working out vessels supplying cars into January!!!!

I have my VIN number too. It was on my order paperwork when I transferred from Grey to Orange, with the promise of getting the car much sooner. My car was expected to arrive on a ship around 21/22/23 October. I haven't heard anything, or chased the dealer, but as I was expecting 3/4 weeks from then (and that's not factoring in any possible oil issue/awaiting breather pipe delays), I wasn't necessarily expecting to yet.

Update - had an email from AC this morning. Still no sign of my car yet, but they're getting deliveries every other day so hopefully not too long now. 🤞

Update - had an email from AC this morning. Still no sign of my car yet, but they're getting deliveries every other day so hopefully not too long now. 🤞

Update:- Just had an email from Luscombe that my Car is on the Ship that docks on the 17th and should be ready end of Nov/Dec.

Fingers crossed now to buy the Mats and bootliner.

Just interested to if anyone has ordered from Arnold Clark Liverpool or already picked one up?
I ordered 3 September. Not been given any info at all !!!
I'd never order from AC Liverpool, absolutely useless. Can I ask why you didnt go to MG direct?

I'd never order from AC Liverpool, absolutely useless. Can I ask why you didnt go to MG direct?
I registered my interest in an MG4 directly with MG ... they then farmed the request out to a local, franchised dealer ... in my case Arnold Clark East Kilbride. I imagine the same could have happened with @retrobloke

I registered my interest in an MG4 directly with MG ... they then farmed the request out to a local, franchised dealer ... in my case Arnold Clark East Kilbride. I imagine the same could have happened with @retrobloke
Similar to me. I registered my interest with MG too and got farmed out to my local dealer. They said they would inform me when they get their demonstrator. Still waiting.......
Went to my next nearest and so far they couldn't have been better.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 545 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 92 13.4%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back