Anyone recommend installer for Tethered Charger (7kW) ??

I have been refused the OLEV grant through podpoint as I do not have a lowered Kerb.
Has anyone else had this grant refused for this reason?

Hi

Yes, but I have been quoted just short on one thousand pounds to do it. The council give you a preferred contractor.
Ouch! o_O Sorry to hear that and I'm not sure if you can appeal!

That's a shame - maybe they'll change the conditions in the future?

Cheers

Bloggsy

I'm sticking with the supplied Grannie Charger - increasing to 3.5kw is not, in my opinion, worth spending over £400.
Then a smart timer controlled by google home for £10 allows me to take advantage of off-peak overnight charging like Octopus Go.

Hi

Yes, but I have been quoted just short on one thousand pounds to do it. The council give you a preferred contractor.
My daughter requested a quote from our local council to extend the drop in the kerb, because they had widened the drive a little.
To extend it by about 6 feet, the quote was around £1,200 if I remember correctly.
Hey ….. And she works for the said council !.
No “Mates Rates” at the council.
Needless to say, it never got done.

I'm sticking with the supplied Grannie Charger - increasing to 3.5kw is not, in my opinion, worth spending over £400.
Then a smart timer controlled by google home for £10 allows me to take advantage of off-peak overnight charging like Octopus Go.
Most home EVSE are 7.5kw about three times quicker than the 2.2kw 'granny'.
I add about 35% battery a day so couldn't do that on a granny in my 4 hour 5p slot

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom