Anyone remove the roof bars on the exclusive?

jared

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
For me the roof bars are unnecessary and (I think) cause extra wind noise / drag at higher speeds. Anyone remove them?

The range stats will be with the bars fitted as they are factory spec, I don't think they would have done that if they made a huge difference. Being longitudinal they are not a significant drag factor, just don't leave cross bars fitted unless needed.

There would have been filler plates of some type needed and where would you get them?

The range stats will be with the bars fitted as they are factory spec, I don't think they would have done that if they made a huge difference. Being longitudinal they are not a significant drag factor, just don't leave cross bars fitted unless needed.

There would have been filler plates of some type needed and where would you get them?

I was thinking there would only be screw holes to cover (assuming I can access the screws without taking the roof apart) but thinking more about it now I don't know how to fill / cover it without it looking terrible.

It's a well known mod on BMW estates as the mountings are under the roof seam gutter moulding. The most difficult part is getting the moulding for an Excite and risking taking down the headlining without doing damage. But would I do it on a new car that I might want to sell on one day? No.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom