• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Anyone used a TESLA charger yet????

SimmieC

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi All,

I'm doing a journey through France next week. I've done this journey a few times now in the MG ZS (mk1) and this time ABRP has pointed me in the direction of a couple of Tesla chargers. I know that Tesla have opened some chargers and obviously the ones ABRP are showing should accept MGs BUT I just wanted to see if anyone has had experience using them either in Europe or the UK?

Last edited by a moderator:
I used the one in Aberystwyth Wales with no problem. The lead is a bit short for the MG ZS so I ended up parking across 2 bays

Thanks for your reply's. rpannell I see your picture is the mk2 ZS did you have your charging experience with a mk1 or mk2 ??

I can't get my Mk1 ZS to charge on a Tesla charger, it's failing to lock in to place and the charge never starts.
Supercharger or destination charger ?

Hi All,

I'm doing a journey through France next week. I've done this journey a few times now in the MG ZS (mk1) and this time ABRP has pointed me in the direction of a couple of Tesla chargers. I know that Tesla have opened some chargers and obviously the ones ABRP are showing should except MGs BUT I just wanted to see if anyone has had experience using them either in Europe or the UK?
Except and accept are opposites, I'm sure autocorrect must have given you the wrong one. :)

Thanks for your reply's. rpannell I see your picture is the mk2 ZS did you have your charging experience with a mk1 or mk2 ??
It was a Mark 1. My Mk 2 was ordered on the 2nd Nov 2021 and I am still waiting.

Supercharger or destination charger ?
Apologies, I should've been clearer! Supercharger.
Not had that issue at any other charger, but tried a few different Tesla ones and always the same issue.
I think it's do do with strain on the cable, I don't fancy parking over a couple of spaces to get it to work.

Hi I used a tesla supercharger in Uxbridge. The only problem I had was getting the cable to release, there's a button hidden under the connector handle molding that you have to press then give it a good wiggle. I got charged 42p per kWh, you do have to download and setup the tesla app first. PS I drive an MG5 SR, no problem getting the cable to reach.

Apologies, I should've been clearer! Supercharger.
Not had that issue at any other charger, but tried a few different Tesla ones and always the same issue.
I think it's do do with strain on the cable, I don't fancy parking over a couple of spaces to get it to work.
There are currently only about 10 superchargers in France open to non-tesla cars.
The nearest to me is at Angouleme - about 250 km away.

Hi All,

I'm doing a journey through France next week. I've done this journey a few times now in the MG ZS (mk1) and this time ABRP has pointed me in the direction of a couple of Tesla chargers. I know that Tesla have opened some chargers and obviously the ones ABRP are showing should accept MGs BUT I just wanted to see if anyone has had experience using them either in Europe or the UK?
Yes .It was straight forward.I have a MG5 long range .i Had to make sure I used the stations equipment to receive my CCS plug.The lead is a little short on the Tesla charging stations but worked very satisfactorly.I was getting 69 kW of charge. A bit expensive but it’s good to know they work .The Tesla apps is excellent. Sadly at the moment you can only use selected Tesla charging stations and I’m hopeful they will open others up soon especially when you have to travel long distances.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom