Anyone using a Newmotion charging point and having problems with Dynamic Load Balancing?

RobB

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Newmotion charging points are available in most European countries so I was wondering if anyone else in The Netherlands or maybe the UK is using a Newmotion charging point and has problems with the DLM.
Normal charging works fine. I have the dynamic load balancing option with the charger that is supposed to slow down the charging process when we have a high power consumption in our house. Sometimes that works but some other times the charging just stops and doesn't resume.
They have sent a mechanic and the unit is ok, they have looked at their software and that's also ok. So you guess what they now come up with: it's the MG so contact your dealer to get it fixed.
I was wondering if there are others that are experiencing the same problem with a Newmotion charger in combination with the MG ZS EV.
Greetings,
Rob

I've never heard of NewMotion until I just Googled them. They are part of the Shell Group.
I'm interested in hearing about people's experiences with their home chargers.

Maybe this is related to the problem with timed charging?

If, during the charging process, the charger turns off charging due to DLM then the MG will not restart charging?

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom