Anything good on AliExpress?

I got a plastic boot liner from a firm in Birmingham which actually fits the SE. There's even a warning on the page that it won't fit the Trophy. I think there can be a problem with some of the AliExpress suppliers that they don't differentiate sufficiently between the two specs and SE owners end up with something that doesn't fit.

Of course that doesn't affect most things, probably just the boot shape.

I think the only thing I can see myself buying from there is perhaps the protective film for the shiny black plastic around the gear change area.

I think the only thing I can see myself buying from there is perhaps the protective film for the shiny black plastic around the gear change area.
I was thinking of getting the same but have seen a few unfavourable reviews of same product on ebay. Of course it will depend on how its been applied.

The mudflaps are also worth it as they do help keep the plastic door bottoms clean.
In my experience on other cars they've caused more issues long-term. And I dislike how they look.

I was thinking of getting the same but have seen a few unfavourable reviews of same product on ebay. Of course it will depend on how its been applied.
Yeah it'll have to be the clear one for me too - fake carbon fibre is tacky and I'm not interested.

A lot of the other stuff I've seen is super tacky too.

I'm actually sitting here at my dealer's waiting for them to sort out the problem I had getting the seat cover on the rear seat bench. I managed the rest just fine, but that last part defeated me. And my local garage. And the dealer, first time of asking. Hopefully they'll manage it this time and that will be that.

Other people on the forum have fitted these covers, I know, and not reported this problem, but I couldn't raise anyone who could advise me what to do. But be warned it might not be as easy as you first think.

I purchased this wired-to-wireless CarPlay/AndroidAuto adapter from Carlinkit's official Aliexpress store (there are many cheaper crappy clones out there).
It worked reliably straight out of the box... as long as you only pair ONE device.

How are you finding it? I have one sometimes it works quickly, sometimes takes 4 minutes to connect. Other times wont connect at all. ios by the way

@Wadda

I have both an iPhone 15 Pro Max and an iPhone 13 Pro. Wifey uses a Pixel 6

When only one phone is paired, either using CarPlay or Android Auto, it just works! No disconnections, no glitches, no freezes…

I just set an extra 20 second delay before AA/CP kicks in, in order to ensure the infotainment is fully started up. This brings the total boot time to about 1 minute.

However, when multiple devices are paired, it freezes every now and then on startup, so I stick to one device only.

Fairly easy ... as long as you have a right-angled screwdriver. (The kit I bought came with an L-shaped tool). If you're bothered to remove the wheels then it's even easier.

One of the fastenings is a plastic pop rivet type of fixing - tease that out carefully from the car to avoid snapping it. The when refitting make sure all the parts are pressed as firmly together as possible before pressing in the rivet.

Fairly easy ... as long as you have a right-angled screwdriver. (The kit I bought came with an L-shaped tool). If you're bothered to remove the wheels then it's even easier.

One of the fastenings is a plastic pop rivet type of fixing - tease that out carefully from the car to avoid snapping it. The when refitting make sure all the parts are pressed as firmly together as possible before pressing in the rivet.
First read that as "as long as you have a right handed screwdriver" and thought you were taking the piss lol.

Cheers

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 518 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 89 13.6%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.2%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel