Are there many younger MG EV owners - is it predominantly an older mans car?

MG ZS EV owners - What age range are you?

• 17-25

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 26-40

Votes: 23 20.5%
  • 41-60

Votes: 52 46.4%
  • 61-75

Votes: 32 28.6%
  • 76+

Votes: 4 3.6%

• Total voters
1 in 5 aged 26-40 that’s not good

From Honda
"Jazz owners tend to be a little more on the mature side of average, and we guess Honda knows that – generally – people at later stages of life tend to place more emphasis on comfort than the ability to drift sideways around roundabouts. Therefore the Jazz is designed to be uncomplicated and largely relaxing to drive. "

My retired parents asked what car they should get when they wanted to downsize from a C-Max that they no longer needed for towing as they were giving up the caravan. Jazz was what I suggested and Jazz is what they got, as most of their friends have. Unfortunetly its only done something like 2,000 miles in 18 months thanks to the pandemic and my dad not being able to get around much.

Is 46 old??? I don't feel old, although I do pity there younger generation for their challenges so maybe that makes me old.

Anyway, love the car, bought it (as someone that works in R & D in this area) as Bristol are bringing in a clean air zone that I need to cross and it was the only EV that I could purchase and come close to making financial sense (not that buying a new car ever counts as sensible).

Attachments

• 3155.jpg
    3155.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 111
I’m 40, so just snuck in the “younger” age group.... phew... thank you to who ever created the poll....

I bought the MG5 mainly as a workhorse vehicle to commute and carry my dogs.
I have other “less” sensible offering in my garage. :). Mid life crisis not quite started yet...

I think older people find it easier to get in and out of SUV styled vehicles.
I am nearly 70 but hope to make an exception when the MG e-motion is available in the UK.
Disabled drivers such as myself too. The ride height is a boon for me.

Blimey. My wife keeps telling me to grow up and act my age, so maybe middle age isn't as old as it sounds. Is the ZS EV an old man's car? I don't think so - I'd recommend one to my son (30) if he had the money, it's fast enough - just - to have some fun and has plenty of toys. I'd recommend a different dealer to the one I used though. I suspect the older buyers are as a result of more disposable income.

Age is definately a factor though in "sensible" driving IMHO - in my younger years and up to around 5-ish years ago, all I wanted was speed and acceleration, mainly on bikes, but I no longer have that desire (OK, maybe a couple of times at the traffic light grand prix ;)).

Mine seems a bit too nippy (or slippy) on damp roads, either that or the traction control isn't working. ;)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom