At what SOC is one pedal driving available?

I think that's an unfortunate mistranslation that just needs correcting in the error message.

It is new to MG and also a retrofit (originally the MG4 came without it), so it will probably take them a while to get it working well.

The Leaf has had 13 years of development so is very polished. MG will get there in time.

I agree that OPD doesn't feel like a mature feature but there's plenty else about the MG4 that is great.
My old BMW i3 was a 2014 model, so only around a year after the model was introduced, and it felt very sorted. The OPD was a permanent feature and worked the same at all levels of charge (regen was very strong - it took some getting used to!). The friction brakes were utilised by the system when at 100% charge to produce the same retardation when lifting off the accelerator.

When I first heard OPD was coming I was disappointed that my early car wouldn't get it. Now, I'm not so bothered. If it eventually works as seamlessly as my BMW did, then I might well feel differently as I really liked OPD once I'd got used to it.

Agreed, my 40kw Leaf was a much better car, doesn’t have all the bells and whistles of the MG but works as it should.

Will never purchase another MG and possibly not another EV.

The MG is the second terrible EV I’ve owned in a row now.

Leaf was great, ID3 & MG4 both terrible
I also agree. As for OPD, Leaf (ePedal) is much better. I was also quite surprised when I discovered that MG4 OPD does not work in reverse. I was shocked.

I later bought the Tesla Y (whose OPD is comparable to the Leaf). But the MG4 also has its advantages (V2L, quieter driving on bumpy roads, ...). Now we have only two EVs at home (Leaf and Tesla).

I agree that OPD doesn't feel like a mature feature but there's plenty else about the MG4 that is great.
The actual driving bit of it seems almost perfect to me, as with most of the MG4.

They only really need to fix the bad translation and explain the factors that affect the surprisingly large variation in SOC as to when it becomes available (Battery type, module version numbers, temperature, what colour socks you're wearing and who knows what else).

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 540 79.2%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 91 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 51 7.5%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back