Auto dimming mirror

Well, I tried again yesterday, the sun had been shining on the windscreen and the car interior was hot and I was able to slide the mirror down the windscreen and off its bracket with a bit of wriggling, I believe the heat helped as I could not budge it.

Anyone know if it's the same bracket on the 2021 ZS ?

It certainly looks very similar, this picture I took on a test drive

Attachments

• mirror.jpg
    mirror.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 207
Ian, is this the latest mg zs ev with the 73kw battery? If so, I was very surprised to learn that it doesn't have an auto dimming mirror. I think the facelift ICE car HAS an autodimming mirror in the exclusive model.

Might be worth checking this out and then finding out how much this mirror costs from the parts dept.

That was my idea if I was to buy one anyway.

Ian, is this the latest mg zs ev with the 73kw battery? If so, I was very surprised to learn that it doesn't have an auto dimming mirror. I think the facelift ICE car HAS an autodimming mirror in the exclusive model.

Might be worth checking this out and then finding out how much this mirror costs from the parts dept.

That was my idea if I was to buy one anyway.
Good idea, but the top spec ICE is also a manual mirror :(

Wonder if you can find a 5V version.. for the face-lifted car you can just attach a USB connector to the wires and plug it into the provided dash cam USB.

Wonder if you can find a 5V version.. for the face-lifted car you can just attach a USB connector to the wires and plug it into the provided dash cam USB.
Did you ever find something like this? I don't intend to use that port for a dash cam, so being able to use it for an auto-dimming mirror would be ideal.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom