Auto dip headlights

Soon due to have both cars, I'd sooner have the auto dip headlamps, much more useful, the mirror auto dip I can do without.
Auto dip headlamps sound like a terrible idea. You should dip your headlights BEFORE beaming the guy coming the other way...I dont see a way of a comp doing this properly. Just use your finger...not exactly taxing

Auto dip headlamps sound like a terrible idea. You should dip your headlights BEFORE beaming the guy coming the other way...I dont see a way of a comp doing this properly. Just use your finger...not exactly taxing
Really?

Yes, really. I drive on mainly windy rural roads and seldom get to use the main beam, but when I do there is never an issue with just dipping your lights when you see an approaching vehicle. Unless you are texting on your phone at the time, then it can be a problem.

It is, the new MG ZS has a usb socket by the drivers auto dimming rear view mirror for plugging in a dash cam, what a great idea that could have been put in the MG5
The new ICE MG ZS?

Auto dip headlamps i had on a Ford were so dangerous that I turned them off, with high beam on approaching a 90 deg bend the reflection back from a chevron board was so bright it dipped the headlights meaning you entered the bend with little to no descent viability, very dangerous idea don't see the problem with flicking the lights down manually.

Auto dip headlamps i had on a Ford were so dangerous that I turned them off, with high beam on approaching a 90 deg bend the reflection back from a chevron board was so bright it dipped the headlights meaning you entered the bend with little to no descent viability, very dangerous idea don't see the problem with flicking the lights down manually.
My last two cars were Mondeo estates and I found the auto dip to work well apart from in the dawn when it'd get confused sometimes. But I hardly ever had to drive at those times.

My wife has had a new Zoe since October and it's the first car she's owned that auto-dips. She commutes about a 65 mile round trip and found it a welcome aid over the winter period.

The two things I really miss from my Mondeo with the MG5 are the front parking sensors and auto-dip headlights; I'm still inadvertently blinding drivers after two months ownership ...

My last two cars were Mondeo estates and I found the auto dip to work well apart from in the dawn when it'd get confused sometimes. But I hardly ever had to drive at those times.

My wife has had a new Zoe since October and it's the first car she's owned that auto-dips. She commutes about a 65 mile round trip and found it a welcome aid over the winter period.

The two things I really miss from my Mondeo with the MG5 are the front parking sensors and auto-dip headlights; I'm still inadvertently blinding drivers after two months ownership ...
I can see you'd miss the front parking sensors, I'm still learning where the front is, I'm normally a foot further away than i intend so at least it's on the right side

I thought the sales blurb mentions auto dip headlights?I

There again the brochure shows a bike stored on the roof rails but the manual states the rails are for decoration only and must not be used to carry loads!
I've got one and the manual states a glasses holder next to interior light, but there isn't and also in the index of manual mentions adaptive cruise control which it doesn't have either.

It doesn't have a limiter, or to my knowledge auto dip headlights (but I haven't really driven at night).

It also has all season tyres, not just summer tyres which is good.

But everything else it does what it says on the tin at an amazing price.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom