Auto hold fault consult handbook

MG4London

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
Just had this come up. Didn’t know I had a handbook it’s not in the glove box.

Any idea what it means

Bear in mind that the car's manuals may not always be consistent with the software. They are sometimes blindingly obvious and useless, or omit what you want to know. This seems particularly true of the Navigation and Infotainment manual.

The one in the infotainment screen is useless, the writing is microscopic.

Just had this come up. Didn’t know I had a handbook it’s not in the glove box.

Any idea what it means

I had the issue quite frequently when I first got the car, then a couple of times a little later (one of which resulted in me driving home without the autohold because it was bucketing and I wasn't getting back out of the car for anything), and maybe once a couple of months ago. Nothing recently.

It seems to be entirely random. It will happen when you've just sat down and not touched anything, but I often drive off immediately on sitting down without waiting for anything to boot up, and it doesn't happen. If my experience is anything to go by, it's something that becomes very infrequent as the car is driven.

The one time I had to re-boot the infotainment screen, I remember seeing the autohold fault thing flash up on the driver's screen several times during the process, but it was gone by the time the infotainment screen was up and running.

Are you enjoying your MG4?

• Yes

Votes: 504 79.1%
  • I'm in the middle

Votes: 86 13.5%
  • No

Votes: 47 7.4%
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back